“The HOTEL in West Hollywood”
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

Sunset Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“The HOTEL in West Hollywood”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed only for 2 nights at the Sunset Tower Hotel but those were amzing.
Beautiful nice rooms with an touch of the old Hollywood Belle Époque. The Hotel is located directly on the Sunset Strip. What means there are a lot of good Restaurants and Nightclubs near by. To relax the pool area is fantastic. Angel & Viktoria both took care of us and made us feel like we would be Royals ! All I can say its by far the best Hotel in L.A.
Thanks also to the greek valet chef for giving us directions and all the help we needed in L.A.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChalresA2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A short trip, but one of many starting the first year this hotel opened. I leave tomorrow morning once again knowing it will be my first choice to stay during my next visit to LA. It continues to provide the ambiance and service that makes it one of my favorite places to stay in the US. If one seeks a slower but attentive pace, privacy, coziness, out of site views and a professional staff, this is a place for you. The Tower Bar and the Terrace alone are worthy of a stay, with excellent bartenders and staff at both. Dimitri in the Tower Bar is a delight and a true professional and Soliana in the Terrace Bar was pleasant and stood out.. I highly recommend this property for business travel and a haven for leisure travel..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are the obvious best choices due to view and less street noise, but street vie...
1 Thank gerald m
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the sunset tower for 5 nights last week. I chose it based on the reviews,however I now believe many of them to be fake.
I arrived early. The reception staff did not smile once let alone offer me breakfast while I waited for my room. I was told they would call me when my room was ready. By 3.30pm they hadn't called so I went back and was able to check in. I was told my bags would be brought up to my room. After 35 minutes of waiting I went back downstairs and got them myself. Not good.

One of the reasons that I wanted to stay in the hotel was due to the pool and terrace. However, be aware that the hotel double dips and hires it out for private functions, kicking guests out. This happened on 2 consecutive nights of my stay (and the days of the best weather).I was TOLD to leave the terrace at 3.50pm for their function. I also saw other guests complaining about the same issue and when they walked away, the reception staff were smirking about it. Terrible. Why expect guests to pay for facilities that they can't use.

I have no idea who Soliana or Angel are. No wait person asked for my name let alone remembered it, and they did not offer theirs. And I barely saw a smile.

If a hotel is going to write their own reviews, at least try to make them a reality. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Angebange
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The historic Sunset Tower Hotel in West Hollywood features the finest dining room and bar, terrace overlooking the pool and downtown Los Angeles in the distance, and most importantly, the staff are absolutely the best in the business. General Manager Tim Cunningham is as good as it gets at the front desk, remembering our names, where we are visiting from, and "hands on" accommodating to any requests. The Tower Bar and Dining Room is run by Dimitri, a greater than life restaurant manager who makes the dining experience absolutely wonderful, and the food and drinks perfectly compliment the personable Dimitri and the wait staff working with him. Breakfast at the terrace is quite a nice experience with a wonderful wait staff, run by manager ambassador James Lukanik, and two special waiters who are as good as it gets, personable, remembering the details of preferences for coffee etc, are Victoria and Angel. The only regret is having to check out and fly back home, but excitement about returning to Los Angeles and to the Sunset Tower Hotel to catch up with these fine folks who make the hotel truly special.

1 Thank Tony S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Having just stayed at this Hotel for the 6th time in the last year, it seems like my home from home when i am in Hollywood. The rooms and views are fantastic. And the Staff always make me feel very much at home. With my "Welcome Back Mr Vaughan" Chocolate ! The desk Staff are first Class as the key card is always waiting for me.
The Breakfast is Smashing, and the lovely Viktoria always remembers me, which makes staying here special when i am away from England for weeks on end.
I look forward to my next tour of the US, and my stay at the "Sunset Tower"

Room Tip: All the rooms that i have stayed in are Nice. I like the Clara Bow room as its a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Every staff member was helpful, courteous, and kind. Soliana was our wait staff several times. She was fabulous. The bed was so comfortable and each night, cookies at your bedside. I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for pool side versus street side - it's a little quieter and a much better view.
3 Thank Paula H
mumbai
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the sunset towers and were upgraded very graciously to a suite with a balcony overlooking Hollywood hills. The room was great. The hotel very sophisticated . Out of all it's restaurants we visited the Terrace most for morning breakfast . We were greeted by a very vibrant hosts of servers . I have to mention two in particular Soliyana ( a vivacious girl studying to be a pharmacist from Ethiopia ) and Victoria ( a beautiful lissome girl from Ukraine ) who took extra care of our needs and made our experience at the hotel even better. Martin at the buffet counter dished out some killer waffles . And in general it was a great stay - luxurious and comfortable.
Must visit for anyone looking to experience in the most elegant and sophisticated way .

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#16 of 350 in Los Angeles
Sunset Marquis
Sunset Marquis
#7 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!