“Top Notch in every way!!!”

The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
princeton, new jersey
“Top Notch in every way!!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We made a last minute change to our hotel reservations and boy, did we luck out choosing The London!! What a great property and fabulous location. In first checking with friends who live in LA, I was led to find a hotel in "Beverly Hills" so I almost missed this gem. But in doing some checking of my own, I came up with the London and the deal was too great to pass up. We needed two rooms and on the phone, reservations put us on two separate floors which initially I didn't balk at because our plans were so last minute. To my surprise and delight, upon arrival at the premises, I found that they had booked us into adjoining rooms on a top floor, both rooms with great views and at the lower rate. Who can beat that?? The rooms are so comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious. The shower was the best as they have two heads on opposite ends of a spacious heads and hey, don't tell anyone but I turned them both on and enjoyed the sprays in a nice long hot shower!!! The hotel is very classy and private, you need your room key to even get the elevator to move. The best feature is that we were in a high class place, with a spacious comfy room and we got free internet and a great european style breakfast included. Dollar for dollar, why not stay at the London rather than a lesser place which is going to add on for all of those extras anyway?? As I mentioned, the location is great, only minutes away from great restaurants on Melrose Avenue and they had a car to take you and pick up if necessary. The staff was also very good, all beautiful young people (which seems to flow like milk and honey in LA) but not one with a negative attitude. As my daughter is now considering university in LA (oy since we live on the east coast) The London will be my go to place!!! Highly enjoyable and recommended for sure!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank candicaneadventures

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I am just returning from a splendid two-day stay at the London. I travel a lot, and this is now one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are large--the bathroom alone was the size of a New York apartment. The location is ideal--practically on the Sunset Strip but pretty quiet and tucked away. The decor is modern yet classic, with soothing beige tones. Many hotels are too dark, but the London provided a nice contrast. The service was outstanding. I asked for two different newspapers at check-in, and the next morning, they both arrived. (Many hotels mess this up.) Apparently, some of the rooms have amazing views. I stayed in a basic room with no real view, but it was still great. Wifi is included, easy to access and speedy. All guests receive a complimentary breakfast buffet, which was outstanding and creative (for example, watermelon juice). It is more than a continental breakfast but less than a full buffet with eggs (which can be ordered ala carte). A very minor complaint is that the lotion smelled a bit strange. They might want to consider another scent. The bed, which was supposed to be a king, seemed short to me, and I'm just 5'10". But all in all, a wonderful hotel. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 December 2013

After fleeing a previous hotel in West Hollywood my wife and I were very pleased with the accommodations at The London Hotel, in West Hollywood. The staff was very pleasant, the room was extremely clean, quiet and spacious with a lovely view of the city. Truly a first class hotel experience at a reasonable price. When traveling to the West Hollywood area, I am happy to call the London Hotel, in West Hollywood, my home away from home!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Edward S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel, location, amenities, staff are amazing! The rooms are well appointed and very spacious. Ian, the concierge, was very helpful with dining recommendations. All the staff members were totally approachable and friendly. I was so sorry I only had one night at The London. I never wanted to leave. I'm in LOVE with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the roof garden with the ginormous Chess set. Great LA views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Barbara C
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at The London in West Hollywood for 5 nights in September.
The service from all the staff was great, Kirk was especially helpful with dining suggestions and organising car rental (which was definitely necessary to get around LA).

The hotel is in a great location near Sunset Blvd, we were able to make use of the complimentary town car a couple of times to get to the Grove and the Beverly Centre for shopping!

We hung out at the gorgeous roof top pool a couple of times, and had lunch on the roof top at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant...both must do's!! Fantastic views of LA from the top!

We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast each morning, even though I have read some people complaints that there was no 'buffet'...there was definitely plenty of delicious food to choose from.

We adored our room, with it's giant bathroom and even bigger bath! We didn't have a huge balcony or a city view, but we didn't mind, as first time visitors to LA (& our first stop to the USA) it was just great to be there! The bed was very comfortable, and we liked the addition of the couch and dressing/vanity area.

The decor and presentation of the hotel was gorgeous, nothing too over the top, but very elegant.

We would absolutely love to return to The London (the most impressive hotel we stayed at during our 6 week stay in the USA!) if we are ever lucky enough to be in sunny California again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shearts
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just spent 3 nights during a trip from Australia. Service was great from the time we checked in, loved the rooftop bar & pool. Worth spending extra a little extra for a London Vista room as the view was great.
Easy walk to shopping on Melrose avenue.
Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to Vista suite which was well worth the extra,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great hotel tucked away right off Sunset. Walking distance to great restaurants along the boulevard. Rooftop view/pool fantastic - can get 360 view of city . . .from hills to downtown.
Four of us stayed - two for their wedding night. Hotel provided bottle of champagne and snack. Walking distance to The Viper Room.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room had larger balcony but higher floors have better view. If lounge chair relaxation is...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#3 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills? Share your experiences!