“Exceeded expectations”

The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The London is without doubt the best hotel in West Hollywood - well situated, great service, comfortably plush accommodation, professional staff - and the best roof pool you could possibly ask for. The Boxwood Café Breakfasts were refreshingly healthy (depending on your choice from the buffet).
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a high room with a city view - you won't be disappointed looking out over WeHo.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ShadyPines73
Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at The London for 4 nights and had a wonderful stay. We were there for a wedding at the hotel and able to enjoy all the ammenities that the hotel had to offer. Adjacent to Sunset Strip with easy access to all the Hollywood sightseeing hot spots. Wonderful conceirage service and all of the staff went above and beyond to make sure that your every need was met. The suites are larger than most hotels with a very contemporary design and feel. Fabulous views of downtown LA from the pool roof top. Full bar at the pool with gorgeous cabanas to use with reservation. Beveryly Hills nearby as well.

Room Tip: If you are looking for for a sunset view, request room on west side of building. The hotel restaura...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Laurie S,

Thank you for giving such a wonderful review of your stay with us! We too pride ourselves in our convenient location, spacious rooms, beautiful bathrooms, and our eager and efficient staff.

You might be pleased to know that this September we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas! So I certainly hope that you plan to stay with us in the future!

Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A truly splendid hotel in West Hollywood! Well appointed and designed rooms and an unbeatable location. Great staff at reception, the restaurant and especially the pool area (that's you Bethany!) which is a real gem in being the perfect size and having a very cool ambience! Breakfast could perhaps have been slightly more expansive in choice! The concierge service was the best i have experienced, securing all the hard to get tables at very short notice - thank you Sarah!
Highly recommend this hotel! You'd be a fool to stay anywhere else in West Hollywood!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Photis G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Opening the door to this room was like a balm to the senses. Wood floor, huge spacious room, terrace with sliding glass floor-to-ceiling, and the most beautiful and well-appointed bathroom it has ever been my pleasure to enjoy.
The staff was impeccably polite, friendly and helpful. I emailed a document I needed to have printed, and it was sliding under my door less than ten minutes later.
The breakfast buffet was delicious and the best I've ever seen. Perfect service in the private dining room for a business function, with food that was fabulous across the board. I had no worries about the luncheon, and could focus on my guests and the business at hand.
I hope to never have to stay anywhere else while in LA.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to a vista suite at check in. Worth asking for if the hotel isn't crowded (this...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Deirdre C
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

For this kind of money I should not be sleeping with roaches the size of a walnut. I Woke up to a roach nesting next to my bed. I called the desk to ask if we could have another room- she said "sure we could move you to a double bed room right now" when I was already in a room with a king. Then I asked well is there a room with a king? She said "sure let me check." She didn't seem to think a monster roach was a big deal. This should have never gotten to this point. I had to ask her to atleast send someone up to take care of the roach in the meantime. I did not want to go back home with a suitcase full of baby roaches. The only apology was from the bellhop. Those guys were awesome. There was never a "hey here's a free drink" or etc etc. The front could use a little refining in the "high end" customer service skills. Not staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Calsun82

Dear Calcun82,

I am absolutely shocked to read your review of your recent stay. First of all, any sort of bug or roach presence is not tolerated. And I am even more dismayed with the response of the front desk. I am truly sorry for the entire experience--one that is not in accord with a usual stay at our hotel.

Should you decide to join us again, please feel free to contact me directly at the concierge desk prior to your stay.

Les Clefs d'Or Concierge
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have had a really challenging time at this hotel which we tried for the first time on this trip instead of going to more classic West Hollywood hotels like the Chateau Marmont, Standard, or Sunset Tower. With so many better spots to say on the sunset strip, avoid this one. The only thing this hotel has going for it is it's rooftop pool which is beautiful, but all of the other challenges took away from even that. Every ineraction with hotel staff, except for one manager behind the front desk who tried to help, was challenging - every room service order was wrong, we got mild food poisoning from shrimps we had while by the pool, and nothings came easily from the staff, even asking for packages to be sent up. Everything required multiple calls with small details not attended too. For our next visit to LA we will return to the Chateau, Sunset Tower, or Standard Hotel - all have much better attention to detail and guests needs their service culture.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie B

Dear Carrie B,

I am greatly concerned in reading your review. This is certainly not an accurate representation of our standards, and I sincerely apologize for such an inconsistent stay. Should you be inclined to join us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly for your booking. We look forward to showing you The London experience we strive for!

Les Clefs d'Or Concierge
sdandashy@thelonondweho.com

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The good:

- Humongous rooms - the decor and feel is trendy but not try-hard
- Great food in the bar and restaurant (albeit bloody expensive)
- A good buffet spread at breakfast, especially if you like bagels
- Relatively quiet at night compared to other LA party hotels (you don't need ear plugs at 3am like you do at the Standard)
- Excellent location just off Sunset close to Whiskey A Go Go, The Viper Room and, er, the Hustler Superstore
- Relaxing roof top pool with a great view (see 'The Bad')

The Bad

- The ratio of frat boys to normals at the pool took a turn for the worse on the Friday of week we stayed there
- The price of the food (the Gordon Ramsey endorsement must add a few quid to the bill. I was disappointed there wasn't any gratuitous swearing in the menu)
- My room had a nice view towards Downtown, my friend's had a grey wall. If that matters to you, you're probably best asking for a room with a view.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeyLondon

Dear JoeyLondon,

Thank you for your great review of your stay! You seem to completely capture what we highlight as far as a great location, spacious rooms, and beautiful bathrooms!

I'm sorry to read your description of the rooftop crowd, but I can assure you that is not the norm. As for your request for some Gordon Ramsay swearing to be added to the menu, that's a great idea we will consider! ; )

We look forward to having you join us again!

Les Clefs d'or Concierge

Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!