“First Time Disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Houston, Texas
“First Time Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at The London several times. I actually talked friends into not having their daughters wedding at the London insead of The Four Seasons(where I have stayed about 100 times),nd have guests stay at the hotel also. I usually have a room facing like Santa Monica Blvd--Wilshire--quiet side. This time,I was put on a room overlooking the driveway(which young people would walk through all night,and make alot of noise. Also could hear all the noise on Sunset. Garbage trucks at 7a.m--buses all night long. Pity-because I love the hotel--breakfast is amazing,and rooms are twice the size of The Four Seasons. Also -housekeeper never cleaned the coffee cups.They are white-I put cream in one--and that night-went to make a coffee--cream still in the cup. I guess she didn't see that there was milk in the cup--never washed. Also-the Kureig's coffee tasted like the machine had never been clean--and I love kureig..I asked for another machine--housekeeping said-no problem-they would bring me a new one...When I got back-same machine--because the same used pod was in there..Everyone so nice--rooms twice as big as The Four Seasons or Beverly Wilshire--but I came home exhausted from not being able to sleep,because of Sunset
Blvd.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank moviemom2
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear moviemom2,

Thank you also for taking the time to write a thorough review, as our team takes all feedback seriously in a continuous effort to exceed expectations. I do find parts of your review rather disconcerting and not up to par with the accommodations we strive to provide. From the issue of noise from outside to the coffee cup incident-- this is not our norm. I will absolutely pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments.

I am excited to share that we will be launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas this September!

Should you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly to ensure your stay is a special one!

Warmest regards,
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently stayed at "The London" and what a fantastic relaxing stay with fabulous and friendly surroundings. After travelling from Ireland for a 2 week stay in Florida (Orlando) with family and riding the roller coasters nearly every day we we're looking forward to flying up to LA for a little relaxation. It didn't start too well when our flight from Florida was delayed by 5 hours meaning that after collecting our bags and hire car it was 1.30 am when we finally got to check in to the hotel. The first thing that hits you is the beautiful reception area and the friendly and super efficient check in. We were in our room within a few minutes. The room was fantastic but the view from the balcony wasn't what I was hoping for as it was my first time in LA. I rang reception and asked if a room with a city view was available. I was informed nothing was available on that particular night but they would see what was available the following day. On exiting the elevator for breakfast the following morning I was informed by reception they had a different room with what they hoped was the view we were looking for and it was. It was on the 8th floor at the rear of the hotel and the view was fantastic both day and night. Everything from then on was of the same flawless quality. We ate the lovely complimentary breakfast a couple of mornings and ordered off the menu a couple of mornings and both were lovely. To order off the menu is very reasonable considering it has the Gordon Ramsay name. The valet parking although a little expensive at $36 per night is very well run. It's a all-suite hotel and both of our rooms were beautiful with special word about the fantastic bathrooms. You could eat your dinner off the floor in this hotel it's so clean. We stayed at this hotel from 16th June to 20th June but would gladly stay for the whole month. The pool area on the roof and the view from it are beautiful. I would like to say a special thanks to reception for helping us get the view we hoped for and their help and guidance with the La sights and eating options.

Room Tip: City view rooms on higher floors at rear
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Congo2014
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to stay in LA for 2 nights on the way back to Australia from New York. Read good reviews and chose The London - delighted. Gorgeous lobby, large (huge) rooms and bathrooms and lovely breakfast included. Robes were very elegant and expensive. The pool terrace was standout with great cabanas and fire pit - and panaramic views on to LA, the Hollywood Hills and Beverly Hills. Like others, found it frustrating that residents were turfed off the pool deck at 4pm for a private party and the cocktails were the most expensive and least delicious of all throughout my trip. Still wouldn't out me off and the location is great too - one street off Sunset strip so not noisy but still in the heart of it all - next door but two to the Viper room.

Would recommend thoroughly and certainly will go back

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Joanne B
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My second stay at the LWH. I mainly go there because of the great location and spacious rooms. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't get an upgrade or at least a room with a city view. Compared to the SLS in Beverly Hills, where I stayed this year as well, it's not exactly the liveliest of places. The lobby, the bar and even the rooftop seemed a bit empty most of the time. I also didn't appreciate the maid knocking at my door twice at 8 am, so make sure to put up the "do not disturb" sign.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter B
Dear Peter B,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. So sorry to hear we were unable to accommodate an upgrade on this visit. We always do our best to surprise our guests with additional upgrades when available. Unfortunately, with the busy summer, sometimes we do not have that luxury to upgrade.

But we do hope you stay with us again. And next time, please feel free to reach out to me for your room booking or after you have booked. I will gladly make sure we take care of you!

Warm regards,

Concierge, Les Clefs d'Or
cornwall, england
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The rooms are in immaculate and excellent views. The staff couldn't be kinder and more helpful. and the location is amazing. On arrival we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us as it was both our birthdays. Loads of places to eat near by and the pool on the roof top has the best views in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taraeasterling
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The London is a very stylish hotel in LA. It can be a little hard to find the entry way and sometimes the Ubers get a bit lost so be specific about where it is. It is in a great spot in West hollywood and close to all that santa monica boulevard has to offer. Walking distance is some great shopping at fantastic off the beat boutiques

The rooms are very large being an all suite hotel. The bathrooms are huge and very well lit. All the rooms we have stayed in have a double shower which is nice in hotel for all sorts of reasons

The staff are good, the pool is above average but not outstanding it does have an amazing view but for a hotel of it's size it can be hard to get a chair even midweek, I can't imagine what the weekends are like.

The food I believe is below average and although staying there more than 5 times the service at breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. We thought it might have been a one off but it is the reason we stopped staying here it just wasn't up to scratch for the money you pay. The variety is also a bit lacking for the other meals of the day

It can be great value at times and this makes up for it's shortcomings but probably better options out there

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheJandtheV
Dear TheJandtheV,

Thank you for giving a thorough review of your stay with us! We too pride ourselves in our convenient location (even if Uber has difficulty finding the driveway), spacious rooms, beautiful bathrooms, and our incredible rooftop!

I am sorry to hear about the your experience with breakfast. I will pass the note on to management.

We certainly hope that you plan to stay with us in the future!

Warm regards,

Katy, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting USC. Beautiful entrance (though hard to find when arriving for the first time at night.) Rooms were very spacious and balcony was nice. Bathroom was a nice size also and had double showers. Halls were beautifully decorated with what appears to be suede on the walls. Gordon Ramsey restaurant for breakfast was wonderful! Not a lot of variety but enough to choose from. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelgirlKaty_Texas
Dear TravelgirlKaty_Texas,

Thank you for your wonderful review! It sounds like you truly had The London experience!

This September we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas! So, maybe another visit is in order? Thank you again!

Warmest regards,

The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,134 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!