“Got it going on...”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Maplewood, NJ
“Got it going on...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Adjectives: Location, Spacious, Accommodating..

From arrival:
- Valet, No issue; Kinda like they were waiting for me...
- Check-in: Quick, Efficient

Really liked the room and its space, like Hollywood glam meets 60's/70's Southern California... Large Bed, Sofa Sectional, wet bar, and that outdoor patio were Great. Bathroom was Huge!! - Love the double Shower! If I would have stayed longer, then a soak in the over sized tub would have been fun... One of the walls seem to be done with flooring; pretty cool taste..

Roof top/Penthouse bar was hip with the lounge feel - had drinks & snacks

Overall, Definitely go there again...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FirenzeNJ
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear FirenzeNJ,

Thank you for giving such a wonderful review of your stay with us! We too pride ourselves in our convenient location, spacious rooms, beautiful bathrooms, and our eager and efficient staff.

You might be pleased to know that this September we are launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas! So I certainly hope that you plan to stay with us in the future!

Warm regards,

Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

London West Hollywood hotel has convenient location, close to all. Front desk receptionist Amanda is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Complimentary breakfast buffet is wonderful. It is a perfect place for couples to enjoy romantic getaway. Best choice ever.

2 Thank Xiu Y
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

first time at the london, so we did the gordon ramsay dine & stay package for 2 nights.
we wanted to be in the area for a family event, so we thought the london would be the perfect accommodations - we were not disappointed! our room was spacious and well appointed.
all the food was well prepared and tasted very fresh.
there's a pool and a lounge/bar area on the roof which is a wonderful place to hang out on a lazy saturday afternoon. it can get a bit crowded, but there's lots of staff floating around to keep the place tidy and the food+cocktails flowing. it was so nice we just had to invite some friends over for cocktails at the rooftop lounge.

the room decor was tastefully elegant and inviting - it reminded me a bit of hotel scenes in early james bond movies. maybe it was the lavish setting :)

of course, if you're willing to walk a couple of blocks, you'll find all sorts of restaurants, clubs and shops. location, location, location!

1 Thank c j
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at The London several times. I actually talked friends into not having their daughters wedding at the London insead of The Four Seasons(where I have stayed about 100 times),nd have guests stay at the hotel also. I usually have a room facing like Santa Monica Blvd--Wilshire--quiet side. This time,I was put on a room overlooking the driveway(which young people would walk through all night,and make alot of noise. Also could hear all the noise on Sunset. Garbage trucks at 7a.m--buses all night long. Pity-because I love the hotel--breakfast is amazing,and rooms are twice the size of The Four Seasons. Also -housekeeper never cleaned the coffee cups.They are white-I put cream in one--and that night-went to make a coffee--cream still in the cup. I guess she didn't see that there was milk in the cup--never washed. Also-the Kureig's coffee tasted like the machine had never been clean--and I love kureig..I asked for another machine--housekeeping said-no problem-they would bring me a new one...When I got back-same machine--because the same used pod was in there..Everyone so nice--rooms twice as big as The Four Seasons or Beverly Wilshire--but I came home exhausted from not being able to sleep,because of Sunset
Blvd.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank moviemom2
Dear moviemom2,

Thank you also for taking the time to write a thorough review, as our team takes all feedback seriously in a continuous effort to exceed expectations. I do find parts of your review rather disconcerting and not up to par with the accommodations we strive to provide. From the issue of noise from outside to the coffee cup incident-- this is not our norm. I will absolutely pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments.

I am excited to share that we will be launching 23 new luxury suites with separate living rooms and sleeping areas this September!

Should you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly to ensure your stay is a special one!

Warmest regards,
Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently stayed at "The London" and what a fantastic relaxing stay with fabulous and friendly surroundings. After travelling from Ireland for a 2 week stay in Florida (Orlando) with family and riding the roller coasters nearly every day we we're looking forward to flying up to LA for a little relaxation. It didn't start too well when our flight from Florida was delayed by 5 hours meaning that after collecting our bags and hire car it was 1.30 am when we finally got to check in to the hotel. The first thing that hits you is the beautiful reception area and the friendly and super efficient check in. We were in our room within a few minutes. The room was fantastic but the view from the balcony wasn't what I was hoping for as it was my first time in LA. I rang reception and asked if a room with a city view was available. I was informed nothing was available on that particular night but they would see what was available the following day. On exiting the elevator for breakfast the following morning I was informed by reception they had a different room with what they hoped was the view we were looking for and it was. It was on the 8th floor at the rear of the hotel and the view was fantastic both day and night. Everything from then on was of the same flawless quality. We ate the lovely complimentary breakfast a couple of mornings and ordered off the menu a couple of mornings and both were lovely. To order off the menu is very reasonable considering it has the Gordon Ramsay name. The valet parking although a little expensive at $36 per night is very well run. It's a all-suite hotel and both of our rooms were beautiful with special word about the fantastic bathrooms. You could eat your dinner off the floor in this hotel it's so clean. We stayed at this hotel from 16th June to 20th June but would gladly stay for the whole month. The pool area on the roof and the view from it are beautiful. I would like to say a special thanks to reception for helping us get the view we hoped for and their help and guidance with the La sights and eating options.

Room Tip: City view rooms on higher floors at rear
2 Thank Congo2014
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to stay in LA for 2 nights on the way back to Australia from New York. Read good reviews and chose The London - delighted. Gorgeous lobby, large (huge) rooms and bathrooms and lovely breakfast included. Robes were very elegant and expensive. The pool terrace was standout with great cabanas and fire pit - and panaramic views on to LA, the Hollywood Hills and Beverly Hills. Like others, found it frustrating that residents were turfed off the pool deck at 4pm for a private party and the cocktails were the most expensive and least delicious of all throughout my trip. Still wouldn't out me off and the location is great too - one street off Sunset strip so not noisy but still in the heart of it all - next door but two to the Viper room.

Would recommend thoroughly and certainly will go back

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Joanne B
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My second stay at the LWH. I mainly go there because of the great location and spacious rooms. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't get an upgrade or at least a room with a city view. Compared to the SLS in Beverly Hills, where I stayed this year as well, it's not exactly the liveliest of places. The lobby, the bar and even the rooftop seemed a bit empty most of the time. I also didn't appreciate the maid knocking at my door twice at 8 am, so make sure to put up the "do not disturb" sign.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter B
Dear Peter B,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. So sorry to hear we were unable to accommodate an upgrade on this visit. We always do our best to surprise our guests with additional upgrades when available. Unfortunately, with the busy summer, sometimes we do not have that luxury to upgrade.

But we do hope you stay with us again. And next time, please feel free to reach out to me for your room booking or after you have booked. I will gladly make sure we take care of you!

Warm regards,

The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,122 reviews

Been to The London West Hollywood? Share your experiences!