“Very nice option”

The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary and it was lovely. We had a beautiful room with a huge bathroom. The bathroom had a huge tub and nice shower. I loved the robes. The room was large and had a comfortable bed. We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was quite good but the menu was limited because it was Restaurant Week. That being said, it was very inexpensive during restaurant week. They offer a free breakfast in the morning which was bagels, meats, fruits, yogurts. I like how close the hotel is to the Sunset strip. They have a 24 hour gym and fitness center. The staff was very friendly and nice. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelingworkingmom
Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel was beautiful,we'll appointed and rooms were amazing. The rooftop pool is a must. We were so surprised at the luxury this hotel had to offer. The food by Gordon Ramsey was top rate and service was excellent. The staff treated us like royalty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I come to Los Angeles twice a year on business,usually bringing my wife,and we have stayed in numerous four and five star hotels here in Santa Monica,Beverly hills and Marina del Rey.The London in West Hollywood is one of the best values we have found in LA. The service was excellent, the room was very large with a generous bathroom. There was a great rooftop area including a pool and a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. We booked 2-3 months in advance and got an incredible rate. For those of you with Amex platinum cards the hotel is in the fine hotel program. Great place,would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Louis S
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to check into this hotel after reading all the glowing reviews. I have to say at first I was impressed by the size of our room and the bathroom is indeed pretty spectacular with a huge marble trimmed tub and two showers.

But I think this place is really overrated. The rooftop pool is just a pool and is not particularly impressive. Plus every time I went to it it was full of kids. The hotel nickel and dimes you for everything. A latte with your breakfast will cost you $7. The cocktails at the pool average $17 each, and I had literally the worst blow dry of my life (and I get weekly blow dries) in their salon which cost me $95 dollars (not including gratuity).

The location is okay. The food is okay. I have stayed in much better hotels for less money.

• Stayed: July 2014
SarahDandashy, Manager at The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear dgelbard,

I am sorry to read your review of your most recent stay with us. Certainly we strive to impress, and I am sincerely sorry that we did not do so with your case.

Our rooftop does not usually have a large number of children, but with summer in full swing, more families tend to travel. I am sorry you felt nickeled and dimed. We do consistently check-in with other hotels and attempt to keep our prices and offerings in line with other high end properties within the area.

Should you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly to ensure your stay is a special one!

Warmest regards,
Sarah Dandashy
Concierge, Les Clefs d’Or
sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for seven nights and absolutely loved it. The hotel is in the perfect location right in west hollywood. The pool was chilled and chic. The restaurant was also lovely. Our room was large and the decor etc was beautiful. This was an amazing hotel, the only downside being the pricey parking but this is standard in LA. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and tip your maid.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Si T
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was beautiful - gorgeous marble lobby, big bright hallways, and a huge room with large bathroom. Our room was funky and fun and spacious. The tiled bathroom was immense and spotless. The rooftop pool was great. Though we were there on a breezy day we did enjoy cocktails in the evening overlooking the lights of LA. Breakfast buffet was all delicious. Location can't be beat within steps to Sunset Blvd and close to many great restaurants.

We were on the 3rd floor so only complaint is they could use more soundproofing on the windows and balcony doors. The street noise was loud at times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The London West Hollywood is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are big and the bathrooms enormous, all spotlessly clean. I travelled with a large family group (three rooms) ages ranged from 5 to 70 for two recent stays of 5 and 3 nights respectively. The concierge Sarah was wonderful and helpful from well before we arrived and on the front desk Amanda was excellent and very professional and helped sort us three great rooms and helped out with anything we needed. The hotel is perfectly located in WeHo and walking distance to many great restaurants and shops. Also a short cab ride to numerous other fab eateries and shopping areas (like The Grove and the Beverley Centre). The pool was warm and had a lovely atmosphere with music, swaying palms, iced cucumber water and nice cocktails. Despite being a fashionable hotel it was not too 'sceney' and was family friendly. Wifi was free, easy and fast. Breakfast was included and had good choices including bagels and smoked salmon (although when it got busy they were a little overwhelmed and things weren't re-stocked fast enough). We would definitely return - in fact all I want to do is get on a plane right now and head back to the rooftop pool to bathe in the California sunshine - my happy place!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level south facing room. Avoid the low level rooms that look onto the elevator shaf...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 in West Hollywood
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!