“Disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Expected it to be comparible ,if not better to the Modrian .Not so ,had prepaid so had to stay ,never again On Mondays & Tuesdays only restaurant open is Roof Top ,went there only enough heaters for 4 tables , told have dinner in room or go to restaurant on Sunset Ended up with no dinner

Room Tip: Check what facilities ,restaurant hours ,bars, etc
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SarahDandashy, Manager at The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear John L,

I am truly disappointed to read about your recent experience, and I apologize on behalf of the hotel. In the summertime, the restaurant does have adjusted hours to counter demand. Regardless, there still should have been more options.

I will personally pass this along to our Food and Beverage team, as I too agree there should be more options--especial on Monday and Tuesday evenings.

Thank you for your feedback, and should you decide to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to personally reach out to me.

Warm regards,

sdandashy@thelondonweho.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Fantastic hotel. My room was huge, spotless and I had an excellent view facing south over LA.

Valet parking was effortless. The rooftop area is beautiful and serves great cocktails.

I had the five course dinner at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant and it was great and the service was attentive without being OTT.

Across the road from Whisky a Go Go, The Viper Room and two minutes walk to Rainbow. Easy to drive to the Grove/Farmer's Market, Melrose Avenue, Griffith Park.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

You are in West Hollywood and a visit here will make you feel like a star. This is our favourite hotel by far in west Hollywood or Beverly Hills. It's a charming boutique hotel full of major extras without added costs. First the location is fantastic and the setting makes this a beautiful boutique hotel The London has everything you need on premises.Grounds are beautiful, rooftop pool perfectly intimate and full of special extras. The rooms are large with amazing bathrooms and great beds and linens. Don't think twice .. Just book!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Aussie-BeachBumsX2
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We loved our room. Very spacious, clean and modern. Housekeeping did a great job. Pool is nice with great views. The pool area does get busy and there are a limited number of umbrellas, which is a problem with the strong sun. I would suggest the hotel invest in a few more umbrellas, they can't be that expensive. My only real complaint was the concierge was somewhat rude when I asked about renting a cabana. I was on the fence as to whether I wanted to spend the $500, but after he got rude with me, my decision was easy--no way.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey C
Dear Jeffrey C,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with one of our concierge. That is absolutely unacceptable, and considering that he works within my department, I will see that personally this attitude is addressed.

That being said, I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself otherwise. Please prior to or during your next stay, reach out to me personally so I can assure you have flawless experience.

Look forward to having you join us again!

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This review is for the pool bar (also called Brit Bar) on the rooftop. We stopped in here last evening for a pre-show drink and a salad. The parking valet set the tone pretty quickly "get your ticket validated and you'll get a discount on parking - $10". Be advised, you're getting into a pricey place.

The rooftop is divided into two halves. The pool side, which has the better views of downtown L.A. and the basin is only open to hotel guests. While this makes sense given that it's rather small, it's a bit of shame as the views from that side are amazing.

We were informed that there was a private party going on so we had to duck around that to be seated beyond it. Service was very spotty, almost as if they didn't really have a process. On the far side of the roof was an area that was "not open yet". Once we got a waiter we ordered from their spectacular specialty drink menu - these run about $16 each as you might expect. We also ordered a beet salad. Both the drinks and the salad were amazing. The salad had coal roasted beets, kale that was sauteed with garlic, a blend of greens, radishes, some nuts, and a pair of breaded and fried goat cheese balls. Only there was no goat cheese on ours. By the time we flagged down the waiter, who was really sparse, and got the goat cheese, the salad was all but gone. No concession offered. That's regrettable because the rich goat cheese of course benefits from the bright notes of the salad. When we needed to leave due to a time crunch we had to go find the waiter to pay.

To sum up: The food and drinks, while pretty pricey, are really wonderful. The service is disorganized to the point of annoyance. The views are spectacular. I feel there's a lot of potential here but it needs some polish. Be advised that you're going to pay for the pleasure. Two drinks, one salad and parking = around $75.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clayewi
Dear clayewi,

First and foremost, I do want to express my apologies in regards to the service on the rooftop. What could and should be a spectacular evening, ended up lacking. Absolutely, service should be attentive. I have shared your comments with our rooftop staff.

Thank you again for your review, and we do hope that you join us again in the future as we would love to give you a “wow” experience.

Dublin
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on our honeymoon in July. The hotel is beautiful and the service in incredible. From the start of our stay until the end we really felt so looked after and as honeymooners we received extra special treatment with champagne and strawberries delivered to our room.

The interior of the hotel is exquisite. Each room is a suite with plenty of space. The bathroom is huge with a double shower. The pool area is beautiful with fabulous views over west hollywood. The area itself where the hotel is located is great to explore LA. It also has a lot of great restaurants and nightlife close by. The hotel concierge helped a lot with that!

The breakfast which was included was great and very different with a lot of variety and not your typical continental that you usually get.

Overall it was a brilliant experience and I would recommend it to anyway visiting LA!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niamh J
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Really large beautiful rooms, impressive design with great taste, perfect roof top pool. Try to get a balcony with a view of the city and not the hills. They are not trying to extra-charge you for every stupid thing like most hotels in the area, but give you the feeling they are trying hard to be worth it. As for the 'Gordon Ramsay breakfast' well I didn't find it so unique, it's simple and ok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills? Share your experiences!