“Such a shame!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 438 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laurel
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was once a great little neighborhood Italian restaurant but something has gone terribly wrong. There seems to be management and/or communication problems between the kitchen and the waitstaff, resulting in the following bizarre dining experience.

Four of us were seated and ordered. My husband got his dinner first - no problem. Five minutes or so went by, and he reminded the waiter that he was the only one who had been served, and that his entree was getting cold while he waited. The waiter eventually brought the next two dinners - hastily prepared entree salads that were both missing their main ingredient: one was missing chicken, the other salmon. We sent them back to the kitchen. More time passed, the salads came back fixed, but the waiter had some late-breaking bad news for our last unserved friend - the kitchen did not have the filet mignon that he had ordered 45 minutes before. Our friend was gracious and just asked that the waiter bring him a plate of cheese. We all shared food from our own plates to keep him from going hungry.

When we got our check, we were appalled that the restaurant had actually charged for the cheese plate instead of comping it. We informed the manager that we would not be back, and he said, "Suit yourself". So we will. And we won't.

2  Thank Susan B
There are newer reviews for Vivoli Cafe & Trattoria

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hello my name is Marco and I am an italian who live in LA with his family. I went to Vivoli a few night ago and as italian I was shocked. Food wasn't very good even if on their website they write it is authentic italian.
I had caprese and the mozzarella was old and had to return the plate. My wife had Pizza and was ok but not excellent, she told me.
My 2 kids get gnocchi and when we got home they both vomit and had to call the doctor. I called the restaurant and talk to the owner and he was very impolite to me.

There are several very good italian restaurant in LA. Don't go to Vivoli cause it is not a true italian food and the owner is not friendly at all. I am glad my 2 kids are better now but I don't want to wish what I went trough that night because of what they ate at Vivoli on sunset.
Ciao
Marco

2  Thank marcoFaramia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The wait staff were attentive, there is complimentary bread and olive paste provided and they recommend wines to suit the food you're planning to order. I had the mushroom risotto.
It was one of the nicest I've had including those I've tried in Italy. The restaurant is small and doesn't look much from the outside but give it a try!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I got notification this morning that this delightful little restaurant is gone. That's really sad, as the food was wonderful and the wait staff were exemplary. We shall miss it.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Right from the start, the delicious bread with the olive tapenade won my heart. We loved the Insalata alla Vivoli, with baby spinach, beets, red onions, walnuts and gargonzola cheese with a sherry mustard dressing... very fine.

The Risotto al Fruito di Mare was exceptional ... very fresh ingredients with a wonderful broth. The Pollo alla Parmigiana was also very well done.

Jazz, our server, was warm and attentive. It was clearly a 5 star dining experience.