“Very very expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Seasider in Scunthorpe
“Very very expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great lively bar with a great atmosphere & great service. The food, however, was only average & the bill was enormous for what we had. Enjoy but beware!

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“Taste of the Caribbean on Sunset Blvd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

We were in LA in mid-August and found this restaurant on Sunset Blvd in West Hollywood while walking and reading the menus of the many eateries along the way. The vibrant colored table-clothes caught my attention. We were looking for a favorful meal so were delighted to find this spot. The menu seemed authentic so we gave it a try. I can say, all 4 of us enjoyed our meals. I'm from Brooklyn, NY and my dish was as tasty as what I've enjoyed back East. The waiter, I think his name was CJ, was great. In chatting with him, we mentioned we were from Brooklyn and he mentioned one of owners was a fellow Brooklynite. CJ mentioned it to the owner, who came by our table to say hello and chatted for a little. He ordered lemon cake on the house for our table. The red snapper, rice and peas and friend sweet plantains were yummy! We went back 2 nights later for more delicious food. I tried the brown stewed chicken the 2nd night. It was delightful too. We loved the food so much that we tried the location 3rd Street too. And again - 4 tasty meals. My only disappointment was that neither location had the conch. Service at both locations was a little slow but that could be that easy going island vibe. Stop in and have a taste; you won't be disappointed. If you never had Caribbean food, this is a great place to start!!