“Spend your money elsewhere”

Ramada West Sacramento Hotel and Suites
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in West Sacramento
“Spend your money elsewhere”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I chose this hotel because of the location and decent reviews for the price, but there are too many negatives to outweigh those positive factors. They don't fix problems when you bring them to their attention, the appliances don't work, the AC is old and barely cools the room, we literally had to beg for more towels. If you plan on staying here, BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS. They kept telling us about their "towel shortage" and upon reading previous reviews it looks like they've had a shortage for over a year. It sounds to me like they are just being cheap. We had to bring our key cards to the front to be reactivated and the guy at the front said that we demagnetized them, but it's obvious from past reviews that their equipment is old. I would've rather spent less at a motel than this place. They need a lesson in customer service.

Room Tip: The motel 6 next door looked nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
West Sacramento
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've given this hotel a number of opportunities over the last year because they are family owned and were remodeling. I found that my loyalty to them was greater than their loyalty to the customer. Many little things such as the door cards failing to work, appliances failing to work, failure to correct when notified of problem, insects, garbage left in room from previous occupant, last minute price increase to get the room shown online when reserved. When I asked to speak to the manger at check out because of latest issue he chose to have his staff tell me to wait until he finished his breakfast. I was unable to have breakfast because I had to use the AC to dry my hair because the dryer didn't work and they never delivered another as they promised. When asked if they offered a special rate for regular customers I received no response so I assume they do not wish to cultivate a relationship with regular customers. Again, these are issues that continued over the 15-20 times I've stayed at this hotel since Oct 2013. The front desk people are very pleasant but I think I'll be looking for another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Napa Valley, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here July 15th I believe and we had a great stay! I work at a Hotel in Napa Valley so I know what a good hotel is! The price is great and the breakfast was perfect! The staff was amazing! Big props to the man who set up our reservation and the lady who checked us out. Thank you guys! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is older and well kept up. The grounds are very nice. The room is nothing special, but clean and well stocked. The breakfast that they provide each morning is very good. I woul have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have stayed in the 'motel' part as well as the 'Tower' rooms; Tower rooms seem to be newer, nicer & much quieter. As a woman alone traveling on business, I feel safe at this hotel. Free WiFi is great; Staff is courteous & accommodating...after a very long travel day, returned to my room @ 1:30 AM to discover no bath towels. Called the front desk & someone met me as I stepped off the elevator with a fresh warm stack of towels. At various times I've asked for toothpaste, bandaids, etc & there's never been a problem. This is the hotel I prefer when in the Sacramento area.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites West Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites West Sacram...
#1 of 15 in West Sacramento
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
#51 of 81 in Sacramento
Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento
Holiday Inn Express - West Sacra...
#2 of 15 in West Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - West Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramen...
#4 of 15 in West Sacramento
Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town

Been to Ramada West Sacramento Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!