“An Incredible Staff. Very Personable!”

Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in West Sacramento
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I stay at this hotel many, many times on business because of the wonderful way I am treated by the staff. The morale is high among them, which I believe is the reason they're so thoughtful and positive. It is clear to me that they take their jobs seriously and that they love doing the best for their guests as possible.

I've watched them deal with difficult guests, and by the time they were through, everyone was happy . . . especially the guests.

The facility if upgraded and extremely comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Inn Express in West Sacramento!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 November 2010

We stayed here on our way to San Francisco on a whim and were rewarded with a very friendly front desk reception, including warm cookies and hot chocolate available on arrival.

We had no trouble finding a parking spot, contrary to the other reviews on trip advisor.

Our room was a standard size, containing a large mini fridge and microwave, plus in room coffee facilities.

About a mile up the road is a massive shopping complex with Walmart and other stores, but across the road from the hotel is a grocery store.

There were many small touches such as the unique folding of the towels and tissues, good quality linen, reasonably priced laundry and the previously mentioned welcome treats that make this location easy to recommend to any future travelers to the area.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I stayed here while traveling to Sacramento for a job interview. I booked a one night stay for a Sunday evening. I chose this hotel because it was right off I-80 in West Sacramento and conveniently located between downtown Sacramento (for my interview) and Davis, CA (where I was also to visit friends). The hotel is also fairly close to a 24 hour Walmart (about 1.2 miles, you'll definitely need directions), which was very convenient when I realized at 11 PM the evening before my interview that my dress hose had a run. There are also some fast food places nearby.

The room was small with just the one queen bed, but that is my only complaint. When I arrived it was a bit stuffy inside, but it was also late afternoon and the AC was turned off. After turning on the air I had no complaints.

The room itself was very clean with a fairly spacious bathroom given the small size of the overall room/hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly, though I admit I only interacted with them on a very limited basis due to my short stay. Breakfast is included and is the typical Holiday Inn Express buffet- bagels, muffins, pastries, hot cinnamon rolls, a hot entree (biscuits w/ gravy and some sausage), hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, and cereal. Fresh baked cookies were also put out the rest of the day. The internet connection was plenty fast enough and the workout room appeared quite clean and organized (didn't have time to use the machines, so just going on appearance).

Future guests should take note that parking is very limited in the hotel. It looked like there might be some street parking available for larger vehicles/trailers, but you may want to call ahead to be sure. The hotel is in a bit of an industrial area (still feels secure though), so I doubt it would be a big problem.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I pulled off the busy highway next door to the hotel, and wondered if I had made the right choice. I had. While next to a busy road, my room was very quiet and spotless. The lobby is small but the hotel serves its purpose: a good value and clean and comfortable rooms. Internet speed was more than adequate and parking is free. You will have to explore just a bit to find dining.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2010

After a very wet and busy drive from SFO we were pleased to arrive at this hotel.The room was clean and comfortable. We had remembered to ask for a room away from the highway, which was a bonus. The hotel has a small underground car park which was fantastic in the rain.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

No complaints. The room was very clean, everything functioned as it should, and the free breakfast was a nice bonus. Free internet connection was speedy. Bed was comfortable. Everything seemed fresh. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2009

The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly.
The breakfast selection was not what I expected. I expected a lot more options and some fresher items.
It was a tad bit difficult to get the room temperature just right, it was either too cold or too hot. The HVAC unit was some what loud. The hotel is located next to the freeway, although I didn't here much freeway noise. There is some road construction going on next to the hotel. Construction starts at 7am.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites West Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites West Sacram...
#1 of 15 in West Sacramento
1 mi away
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - West Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramen...
#3 of 15 in West Sacramento
Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas

Been to Holiday Inn Express - West Sacramento? Share your experiences!