“Hotel Hell!!!”

Great Value Inn
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in West Sacramento
“Hotel Hell!!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was the worst 2 days of my life! After getting the key I went to meet my husband so we could bring our bags to.our room. The lady from the office stopped him in the parking lot asking him where did he think he was going... he said he was going to his room & she continued with the questions as if he was lying until she saw me & asked if he was with me... I said yes & asked what the problem was she reminded me of the no visitors policy & walked away! The next morning we were awakened by an Indian woman that clearly didn't speak English. She had opened our door & was screaming "checkout or no checkout!" She continued with the yelling until I got up & pushed the door shut in her face! I guess the fact that the free continental breakfast they advertise being non existent is really not a big deal in comparison to the behavior of the staff! It gets better... I have a service dog... I took her out to go potty & the same lady from the day before approaches me yelling that there are no.pets allowed! I said "she isn't a pet, she's a service animal". She proceeded to tell me she doesn't care they don't do pets & I am breaking the rules! I began to ask if she knew what a service animal was & she walked away closing the office door in my face!

• Stayed June 2014

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Made a reservation through another website which gave it a 4/5 rating. Arrived to a very nice gentleman at the desk who offered two room locations. I chose the second floor room which had broken blinds with a thin fabric thrown over the window for privacy, the room smelled musty/ dirty. The paint was peeling all over the walls and the place appeared very old, dirty, and dingy. There were also two women & a man in the room next door with the door open that appeared that they may be homeless and could be using what little money they had for the room. The manager was very nice and offered me another room. I went to that room and the room was in the same sad shape. The bed was on an angle and felt like a board balancing on a few springs. I went back to the manager and informed him I just couldn't stay there. He asked why and I explained. He was VERY nice and said he would charge me for the room. As I walked to my car he came and offered me a larger room with a patio he said he thought might be nice. He showed it to me and I didn't even turn the lights on when it had the same odor. I thanked him and left. He was very nice about the whole thing, but it was just too dirty and run down for me to be comfortable to stay. I am also fairly certain I walked past a drug deal in a doorway as well. (I saw one man walk up to another man standing in the door of his room, hand him money and exchanged something, then said "thanks man" and turned and left.). The location is good, just across the street from what appears to be a decent shopping center and restaurants.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these West Sacramento hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2005

Best Value Capitol Inn and Suites
228 Jibboom Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

03/2005
Very dirty place!!!!, cannot use the towels, used a hair dryer instead of towels, slept full dressed, because didn't what to touch the sheets, could not tell how many people used the same sheets before. The motel is TRASH!!! Recommending this place - harm your business and image! And of cause, no complimentary continental breakfast, no maid service. I want to see a person who would voluntarily use that outdoor pool, no irons, but there are ironing boards, no coffeemakers. TRASH!!!

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southport_Inn, Manager at Great Value Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2008
The location being represented in this review is actually the Capitol Inn not the Continental Inn. The Capitol Inn is under new ownership is now know as the Days Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Sacramento
Rodeway Inn West Sacramento
Rodeway Inn West Sacramento
#5 of 15 in West Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites West Sacramento
Hampton Inn & Suites West Sacram...
#1 of 15 in West Sacramento
Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town
Delta King
Delta King
#17 of 81 in Sacramento

Been to Great Value Inn? Share your experiences!