“small friendly place with great food”

Zin Bistro Americana
Reserve with OpenTable
Zin Bistro Americana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeview Canyon Rd.
Description: Just as the Zinfandel grape is uniquely American, Zin Bistro Americana offers a menu that reflects the nostalgic cuisine and synergistic blending of cultures that makes America unique. Zin Bistro Americana features a scenic fire lit patio, spacious bar, lounge and lakefront dining where you can relax in a plush setting, have a drink, an appetizer or enjoy the whole gastronomique experience. We invite you to savor this experience with us here on the lake in Westlake Village.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The family who owns zen is incredible

staff at the bar is very friendly

everything on the menu is fantastic

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Go for the onion rings. And the dip for the bread! Nothing relaxes me more than being near water. This spot is a nice, tranquil location, amongst beautiful homes. We always sit outside, around the fire pit. If you're a water-lover like myself, be sure to go before sunset, so that you can actually still see and enjoy the water. We've been for lunch and dinner, and both meals were tasty. It's not too expensive, and maybe not best for a dressed up evening out, but wonderful for your usual date night. We walk our food off afterward by following the path around the lake. It's one of our favorite spots near the valley, b/c we don't have to go as far as the westside to see a large body of water!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I used to be a regular at this restaurant. The food was average to good. The views were very good.

Now that summer is here, I am avoiding this restaurant, except for happy hour.

I booked a window table a week before, expecting a good seat. The server said that the window seats were only for four customers. So we settled for a noisy seat next to the bar. 5 minutes later, another couple were shown to the four seater. I was angry.

The food was average, but expensive. The service was very poor with our server seen only twice for less than 2 minutes.

The air conditioning was ineffective with the temperature inside 80 degrees. The band that struck up was average, but added a lot to the noise level, making noise inside intolerable, and after straining to hear my partner, I asked to be moved to the side room. .Noise level was better here, but it was very warm. I noticed that the air conditioning slats were in the closed position. Also, one of the server assistants appeared to be mentally handicapped and my partner became scared of him. I have never experienced such poor service.

Relief came at 9pm, when it was cool enough outside to open the doors.

I am not coming back to this place, except in winter.

2  Thank piet10
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We took my in laws for Mother's Day (the day before to avoid crowds) and had a splendid time. If you want to avoid the loud noise request to be seated outside by the lake. The service was very good. The wait time for the food was too long, but the food was yummy. We had the mussels and french fries (like home made). We had the fish and chips - nothing special - not a huge portion if you are very hungry. We had the halibut dish which was delicious! They made a pizza for my son even though it is not on the menu. They have no children's menu, but offer to make anything for you which was great!

Thank LetsPack!
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a picturesque restaurant right by the lake, where you can dine indoors, or al fresco with an outdoor chimney to help keep you warm. I had the ahi tuna encrusted with wasabi, with spinach and asparagus (rather than the mashed potatoes). At first I thought there was too much soy-like sauce, but quickly realized it was more for the sides than the tuna. Overall it was a very good dish, with everything cooked just about right. Had a good glass of white, but I would note that the wines were way overpriced, so be careful on that. I will be back.

1  Thank BlueWindez