“Good waitstaff”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Townsgate
Transit: Within 1/4 mile
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went for dinner using a Living Social coupon. We were entitled to a glass of wine each and dinner choices from a prix fixe menu. The house wine offered was very good quality. I had the oven roasted seafood, which had a good variety of seafood served on a bed of noodles. It was very oily, however. Our waitress was very good. We chose a booth toward the back, so it was nice and quiet.

1  Thank kathleene_12

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We went out with friends last night using a Living Social coupon at Fins Restaurant. We had reservations at 7:00 pm and they took us to our booth immediately upon arrival. Although our coupon limited us to select items on the menu, there was plenty to choose from. My wife was pleased, as it gave us two glasses of wine and I don't drink.

My wife and our friends all had the ahi tuna and I had the oven roasted seafood dinner. All I can say is that the rest of the night the conversation was about our wives telling us how much they enjoyed their dinner. My wife said that it was the best ahi tuna she has ever had and she has had this dish around the country. I will admit that the oven roasted seafood was plentiful and was fantastic.....probably the best I have had. This was our first time to Fins and it will certainly not be our last. Our waitress was very accommodating and personable....one of the nicest we have experienced in many years. She was telling us that she had worked at Fins in Calabasas for years and then when they closed down there, she moved over to their Westlake location.

I will say it again....it was an "exceptional experience" for all, not to mention that we saved money with the coupon....a win-win on our part.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Reasonable price for the quality. Busy, a bit noisy, but fun. Fish is the main theme, however, a very balanced menu.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Some restaurants feel compelled to offer the latest strange food combinations and concoctions to appear to be "keeping up" - most of which leave me disinterested to say the least. Not Fins. They offer food choices that are both interesting and tasty. The Macadamia Crusted Halibut
over Thai peanut sauce with steamed jasmine rice (they forgot to bring the rice, but I forgive them) was a true pleasure and my husband loved his Hawaiian Ahi Tuna wasabi pea crusted, seared very rare over steamed white rice with Japanese edamame sauce. My only complaint is that while the restaurant did not seem all that busy, our waiter was distracted and forgot to bring our cocktails until well after the salad was served (annoying!) and of course, left the rice off my entrée. We chose the coconut cream pie for dessert and were shocked at how good pie can be! So creamy, smooth & tasty. We will go back & try more items, even if the entrée prices are a bit stiff.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The service was wonderful. Great Mojitos! The halibut just melted in my mouth. Coconut cream pie is worth the calories :)