“Exceptional Hotel - We had a memorable stay in this gorgeous hotel and look forward to returning.”

Glendora, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the staff was amazing. We had the good fortune of staying here twice in the last 6 months. The only downside for our situation was that children under 18 are not allowed at the outside pool. This is unfortunate for families visiting the hotel with children. Otherwise, we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The rooms looking onto the waterfall have beautiful views, but we found that rooms on the other side...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The service was great, the staff really went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and everthing I asked for was promptly taken care of. I was there to meet a friend, when she arrived we immediately went to the pool, which was so pleasant. I normally dine in room so this trip was no different. I had the best ribeye and it was brought in promptly

Room Tip: If you can afford the suite get it, it is so nice to have all that room and a huge bathroom.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. I came in for a wedding and found the property to be lovely. I received complementary champagne when I checked-in, which was nice.

I had a basic room with a king size bed. It was spacious and elegantly decorated. The bed was so comfortable- I didn't want to wake up the next morning! The bathroom was also large, featuring a nice bathtub and a separate shower. They use L'Occitane bath products, which are always a plus.

I wanted to use the spa facilities, but unfortunately they were fully booked! I decided to treat myself to the Farmer's Market breakfast then on Sunday morning. When I arrived the place was packed--no surprise since the space is actually pretty small. The hostess spent a long time (nearly 10 minutes!) trying to help a group in front of me, ignoring the rest of the people in a growing line behind me. When she finally turned to me, she said there was nothing available except outdoor seating without shade. Unfortunately this was a bit frustrating after hearing I couldn't treat myself to the spa either! Eventually they got me a table though.

Service overall was good- but it seems like the facilities are small given the size of the hotel and the number of people that can stay there. When I went down to the pool, it was completely packed by 10am. If I were staying longer, I think I would hate this feeling of needing to be everywhere early if I want to be able to enjoy any of the facilities!

Other features: there is an Asian theme throughout the hotel, and it's nice to talk a walk through to see the different pieces the hotel has collected. Outside, beyond the pool area, there is a Chinese pagoda and garden that is nice to walk through and get a view of the surrounding mountains and arid landscape.

Overall a beautiful hotel, but I would be wary of how crowded it can get and how that may impact your relaxing retreat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Mo_Elbanna, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Ntwinkly,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I believe I have replied to your review on Yelp and responded to some of your specific concerns, but I invite you to please contact me directly if there’s anything I failed to address or that you wish to discuss in further detail.

Again, I am truly sorry that your recent stay fell short of expectations and hope to have an opportunity to speak with you soon.

Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Four Season's Beverly Hills caters to the rich and famous. In turn, everyone that goes to the Beverly Hills location is in for a very special experience. In Westlake Village, "not so much". This hotel is located in a strange warehouse business community. It is within walking distance to Costco and the local high school football field. It has beautiful rock fountain on the grounds and seems to attract local residents. Great for weddings, Sunday brunch, small business meetings. The rooms are nice, but expensive for the location. The spa lacks. While it has beautiful marble showers and floors, and a lovely orchid waterfall waiting room - that is where the special spa service ends. Cleaning staff is less than perfunctory. Some days you "may" find cold washcloths outside the steam room, other days none. The bath towels are lush, no washcloths. The soap gel dispensers are useless without a washcloth!!! The staff does not spend much time in the area, so if they are busy it is a while before the clean the showers, remove dirty used towels from the showers and replace floor mat. Hair in the showers. Beverly Hills has all kinds of amenities, here "not so much" - you may or may not find shower caps and plastic razors, but other than that nothing. Everyone has trouble with the lockers, staff usually is slow to help the guests open the lockers and you often hear it is a "dying" battery causing the problem. Spa services are lackluster. The standard facial is fruity smelling products put on, taken off. There is really no relaxing facial massage with products that are high end. Oh..but the cost of the facial IS most certainly HIGH END. Massages are ok, but the staff spends 10 minutes asking you questions before they actually start the massage - so this takes off relaxation time. In my opinion, those questions should be asked BEFORE the massage and not be included in your massage time. Again, the price here is expensive and I expect more. Sorry but this resort offers a subpar spa experience. I've been to Palo Alto, Beverly Hills, Austin, Vancouver Four Seasons - Westlake Village can't compete with any of them. The pool food and beverage staff is SLOW. Guests have to have to track down staff. Each time we've been here, the experience at the pool is the same: SLOW SERVICE. The staff walks by but doesn't seem to notice anyone that might want a menu or order or trays, glasses cleared. We found some guests went to the bar to order drinks, then were in the pool with GLASS. Some ladies were spilling their red wine in the pool, staff didn't comment about the glass or the wine in the pool. If you do find staff to order your food, you will find that the sandwiches and wraps are very good. Yet, once you are done - be prepared to have to track someone down to remove the dirty tray. Smoothies are good, the special lemonade is not. The outdoor pool is not very chlorinated, the indoor pool is.
Overall, the price of the hotel is expensive. It is a Four Seasons by name, but definitely NOT by service. The spa is a disappointment unless you just enjoy the beautiful orchid waterfall lounge area. The Lobby Restaurant is excellent, Onyx Japanese cuisine and the bar all serve very good fare. That is good news for hotel guests, because as a hotel guest you will need a car to get to other restaurants in the area. Valet parks lots of really expensive vehicles near the front door. Don't be fooled by the cars - this is NOT Four Seasons Beverly Hills. Not even close.

Room Tip: Ask for a rock garden view.
2 Thank whocareswhoiam
Thank you for sharing a few details regarding your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village on Trip Advisor. While I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel dining outlets and accommodations, I was very sorry to hear that your overall experience was disappointing.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your constructive feedback regarding our spa, which I was sincerely sorry to hear fell short of expectations. Rest assured I have shared your concerns with our management team so that we may improve the services and amenities that we offer our guests.
I would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn how we could have improved your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience using the information below.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Came to California with my wife with reservations at another hotel in LA. After one night it didn't feel like the vacation we were looking for. So we heard about the 4 seasons in westlake and some it had pretty good reviews online and we drove up an hour from LA once we called and made last minute reservations for a very reasonable rate... Hands down the best 3 day vacation I've ever been on. Time doesn't matter there. You don't want to be on your phone or watching tv. I strongly suggest you only go with a significant other. The staff was so respectful and pleasant, the actual hotel was beautiful in more of a royal not modern way. The privacy we had made you truly feel that of a 5 star hotel and a well worth it vacation. We usually find ourselves disappointed with something or another at hotels and resorts and I must say I was pleasantly shocked by how much we relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Next time I'm back in California I will without a question be going back there.

1 Thank yossi s
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am a great fan of Four Seasons, having stayed at about 30 hotels in the chain. Normally I do not post reviews, as I take it for granted that the hotels will be excellent. However................

We stayed here about 6 years ago and were very satisfied. This time was different. We flew into LAX from London on the Saturday night and drove straight to the hotel. We were looking forward to recovering from jet lag by the so called "Serenity" Pool the next day. The name is a misrepresentation. The hotel has a policy of issuing day passes to non residents, and the pool was noisy and VERY overcrowded. People were shouting to each other from one side of the pool to the next and there wasn't even room in the pool to swim. Impossible to relax - which we were desperately anxious to do.

And beware if you stay during the week - if you don't fancy Japanese food, the only other eating option is to take a bar snack. The other dining rooms stand empty, unused and forlorn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. I was very sorry to learn that your returning visit to our property was not up to the same level of service and standards that you enjoyed during your first, especially since you've been a loyal customer within the Four Seasons brand.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you experienced in regards to our spa and outdoor pool. Please rest assured that this is an area that we that we are working closely with our spa team to improve upon in the immediate future. We were unexpectedly overwhelmed with our recent promotion and one of the recent adjustments we have made is to close off the availability of spa day passes to curb overcrowding during the summer season when we experience a higher volume of guests at the pool.

I hope you will come visit us again to see for yourself the many enhancements that are planned. Again, we truly appreciate your detailed and constructive comments, which allow us the opportunity to make improvements to the service that we deliver. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to share any additional feedback.

Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The spa is awesome. The hotel staffs are very friendly and will go extra mile to help you. Westlake is a mile away. Great restaurants are at the lakeside. Nice boutique shops there, too.
A good place for relaxing get-away vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 5 in Malibu

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!