“Bachelorette Stay”

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed for my cousin's bachelorette party and could not have picked a better hotel. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond when we checked in. We visited The Bar and The Lookout and had a wonderful time. We are already looking for the next time to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights during our anniversary/babymoon and we chose this location because of a great special and also because of the usual Four Seasons brand quality.

While the hotel was beautiful and the location was amazing, the hotel and service itself was just ok. We were not blown away by the service. We weren't displeased, but we were surprised by a somewhat lackluster Four Seasons experience.

The breakfast buffet was excellent though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved being at this location, the hotel staff welcomed us as soon as we stepped foot through the door, it was beautiful everywhere we went! My friend & I stayed in a waterfall view room which was absolutely gorgeous, the room was really clean, I think I may have had to rinse the soaker tub out, no biggy, the housekeeper would come in while we were out & tidy up after me & my pressed for time friend. The entire bathroom was marble & there were huge mirrors all around, enough for two girls with many wardrobe choices. We were able to visit the grounds of the property & it was well kept & the waterfall was even more remarkable in person. We got so peek in on a couple lawn wedding, really made us smile & want to return. Definitely have plans for this location in the future!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We selected the four seasons Westlake Village because we don't like the hassle around with problems so we are willing to pay the price of a five star hotel. I must say that the staff is definitely five-star and the way they treat you. HOWEVER it is nothing but lip service. We had several complaints about the cleanliness of our room and after pointing out specific problems to the hotel manager and executive housekeeper we returned to our room after dinner and some of the problems still existed. I hate to say it but this includes someone else's urine on the toilet and floor as well as hair and some other foreign objects here and there. That was after being told that they will absolutely make sure that the room would be impeccable when we returned. It is exceedingly evident that these problems come directly from the top. They spend all the time in the world training this wonderfully conscientious staff to treat people like kings and queens but they do not give them the tools, or training or resources to actually deliver the goods. When I called down to the front desk and told them I wanted compensation since they failed to deliver the five-star experience that I paid for they are evidently trained to negotiate as if in a fleamarket in Tijuana. I plan to contact the four seasons corporate office and receive a full refund for this complete disappointment which is ruined my peaceful weekend planned with my wife and business partner. The spa is so poorly planned and lacks adequate ventilation that the smell of the spa and the chlorine permeates the common area at the main entrance of the hotel. Unfortunately I must say that I'm not very surprised. Recently I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in battery Park in Manhattan and similar product problems existed. Unfortunately in recent years even five hotels have been dumbed down. It's not the good old days when five star map impeccable service, quality, and cleanliness. This hotel is another confirmation that most of these establishments are into the fluff but not really committed to delivering the quality of service that deserves a five star rating. It makes a person wonder who's bribing who if AAA can call this place of five diamond resort!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the waterfall.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank APMCEO
Mo_Elbanna, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear APMCEO,

Thank you for sharing some constructive feedback with us about your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. I was truly sorry to hear that our level of service and standards fell short of your expectations during your stay, as we pride ourselves on our staff and the personalized attention they provide. Based on your experience, it sounds as though we did not succeed in showing you this, and for that I want to sincerely apologize.

I believe that you have connected with our Director of Rooms, Billy Cueto, and should you consider staying with us again, please don't hesitate to reach out to either of us directly prior to your visit so we can personally handle the details and attempt to make amends for any discomfort you experienced.

Mohamed Elbanna
Hotel Manager
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Phone: (818) 575-3004
email: mohamed.elbanna@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My expectations were high for this hotel and they were met. Staff was very friendly and efficient at check-in and the room was spacious and comfortable. I was traveling on business and did not have the opportunity to do anything but sleep and work in my room, but the Four Seasons accommodated those needs very well. The desk was big enough to allow me to work and the WiFi connection was quite fast. I got a great night's sleep both nights.

The staff I saw was on the younger side, and sometimes that can mean people still learning the ropes or unpolished. Not the case here. They managed to be professional and informal at the same time, which I really appreciated. They keep a list of recommended nearby restaurants, and the one I tried was excellent.

One suggestion for anyone with limited mobility or difficulty walking - use the valet parking. The self-park parking deck is a bit farther than it looks at first and many of the closer spaces in it are reserved for the valets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had connecting rooms, one for my sons and another for my husband and I. We were at the FS for six nights. All in all, a decent hotel set in a corporate park just off the expressway. Had a good meal at ONYX with excellent service. The hotel bar was a disaster - waited 20 minutes for a drink and ended up getting our own eating utensils from the sideboard. After waiting another 20 minutes for the check, we walked out and told the front desk to sort it out and bill my room.
By hokey I mean the weird fake waterfall in the back which I guess was built to serve as the background for like a million wedding photos as there had to be five weddings the six days we were there. Also, outside the bar at night, fake soap snowflakes get blown out of machines overhead.
As for a room choice, do not pay extra for a 'view' of the illuminated fake waterfall. We were given the absolute most horrible room in that it shared a wall with the service elevator and supply closet. The staff started talking and slamming racks into the wall at 6:00am EVERY DAY; ending at around 11:00pm. It was awful. It looks like there are two such service plazas on each floor. If you do nothing else when booking or checking in .... do not let them put you in these terrible rooms if you wish to sleep. I will look for the room numbers and post.
I did make the front desk aware of this after day one, and after telling me that they had never heard of such a complaint, finally agreed that it possibly could be an issue and would like to give me a spa treatment in compensation. No thank you! I want to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms adjacent to service elevators and supply rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for a sales kick off event but enjoyed the stay and took advantage of the location to explore the area. A fair distance from LA but I hired a bike locally and rode through the canyons to Malibu. Great room and service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Santa Monica
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
#3 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!