“Clean and convenient”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
“Clean and convenient”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a week because our house was getting some major work done. Our room was very clean and relaxing. Everything was in working order but the freezer fan was definitely going out... Very noisy when it turned on.
The breakfast here is very sufficient and we ate there most every morning. Typically has scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, ham or sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, toast, juices, coffee, tea and a morning paper... not too shabby at all. They even upgraded the hall lights while we were there and it made things much brighter.
My only issue beyond the noisy freezer fan was the palm trees scraping the side of the building when the wind blew.
Overall this is a great hotel in a very convenient location just off the 101. We will stay here again if needed and recommend it to our out of town friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelIsAsTravelDoes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Colorado
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked a two room suite for one night at this hotel. The hotel was under construction so it was a little confusing to find the lobby. When I booked the hotel I requested a room on an upper floor and a crib for our infant. Two days prior to arriving at the hotel I got an email from the manager welcoming us and asking if there was anything special they could do for us. I thanked her and then asked again for a room on an upper floor and a crib. She responded that it would be no problem. When we checked in they were not able to give us an upper floor, and we had to ask twice once we got to the room for a crib, but finally got it. Other than that small snafu the rest of the stay was great. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on at a hotel. Recent renovations made the hotel shine. The pool area looked very nice but we did not use. The breakfast was typical of any Residence Inn, however the breakfast room was a little cramped and odd shaped. The hotel is in a very nice area with lots of restaurants to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing it in this area. Malibu is about 30 minutes away and has some very nice beaches. We also saw the Reagan Presidential museum which was very nice and also about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear juhoo26,

Thank you very much for recommending us. We appreciate the time it took to let us know about your trip and I am happy to know that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your time with us.

We hope to see you again soon!
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Spent a week here at the end of March. Since we are from So Calif, it was the perfect location for us. Easy freeway access to get us where we needed to go. We chose this because it is pet friendly, comfortable, clean and updated. There was construction going on, which is good to see that the property is being maintained and updated. We had a deluxe one bedroom, mini kitchen and free wii-fi. The room was clean, updated and comfortable. We were missing a couple of supplies, but housekeeping took care of that with a phone call. The free breakfast is pretty standard, but has a variety of choices. We went to one evening social on BBQ day. We had dinner at Lure, right across the parking lot. Very good food. We will stay here again on our next visit to Calif.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hello Sharon P,

Thats great to hear that you were able to enjoy the BBQ social while you were with us along with all the amenities that your Suite had to offer and the choice of great restaurants in our parking lot. If you find yourself in the area again, please stop by to say hi!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights while celebrated a good friend's wedding. The wedding was across the street at the Four Seasons but since I could use and earn Marriott points, I decided to stay here. Great location and near good shopping. I love residence inn because of the suite layout and kitchenette. It is very cosy. My only complaint was that I had been having difficulty all day with my credit card and the bank put a fraud protection block on it because I was making frequent purchases all over Southern Cal that day. My card was declined when I checked it, however, when I spoke to the bank later that evening, my card was actually charged by Marriott although they said it was declined and I provided a different card. I was too tired to make a fuss about it and I had the bank remove the charge. But my eyebrows are surely raised because of this. Anyhow, like I said, love the Marriott chain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello dexter619,

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your friends wedding. I apologize about any confusion regarding your credit card. We look forward to seeing you agin when you are in the area.
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked a suite here for my family as we were visiting my Dad who lives in the area. There was some construction going on during our stay. I understand they're looking to improve the property however you would think the staff would then go above and beyond on other areas to ensure their guests had a nice experience to make up for any inconveniences. This was certainly not the case. A couple positives - our actual room was nice, relatively clean and brand new. My son loved the basketball court and the restaurant Lure next door was good. The negatives - my sister recently had knee surgery and when she tried to take the elevator a couple of times, it was full with employees hauling equipment. Our room had a coffee pot which was nice, so we bought some coffee at the store to make in the am - we asked the front desk for filters and they didn't have any. Coffee at the breakfast was not good. The breakfast itself was pretty mediocre as well- some basics, cereal, waffles but we came down on our last morning of our stay and it was about 9:30, they started to clear everything out before we could eat. I asked if they could leave some fruit and milk out for my son while I went to get him and they took everything away anyway. These minor annoyances probably would have been ok until we went to check out. I asked the girl at the front desk if she could split the bill between myself and my sister - she told me no, it had already been applied to my card. We then went on to list a few of the inconveniences that I mentioned above and she replied that they sent an email out about the construction - I let her know that I never received that email, she didn't seem to listen as that wasn't the core of the problem anyway. She then went to speak to her manager. She came back out and said there's nothing she could do and gave us a $3 gift card for a smoothie! I found it odd that the manager chose not to come out. Needless to say, we were not pleased when we left. We go down to visit my dad many times throughout the year and we'll plan on staying at another property next time..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JamesaMT
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello JamesaMT,

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not to your expectations. Our goal is to addresss your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and please be assured that we are using your comments as a training opportunity to ensure that we provide you with a better experience for your future visits.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Inexpensive, clean, great location. Easy access to LA, Malibu, Ventura, Santa Monica. We stayed for a week and it was a great location at a good price. Very close to Malibu Canyon State Park, and Malibu public beaches. Easy ride in to the "must see" Getty Center, and across the valley to the Ronald Reagan museum. Added bonus are the seafood and Thai restaurants adjoining the Residence Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hi Mary,

Thank you for the kind words! Sounds like you were able to see just about everything in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip out here.
Sacramento
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We reserved a two bedroom for a family wedding trip. Although confirming that morning, when we arrived we were told no two bedroom units were available. But not to worry...Alex arranged for us to have two recently refurbished one bedroom units across the hall from one another. This worked out fine; and to sweeten the deal for our inconvenience, we received a 25% discount. The room turned out to be excellent and the facility is quite nice, offering a very decent breakfast each morning as part of the room's price. And it was only a 15 drive to Malibu where the wedding was held. We'd definitely stay at this residence Inn again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.