“A piece of paradise outside the bustle of LA”

Westlake Village Inn
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Booked this place for a few nights on a visit to LA. The hotels in the city were way overpriced so we elected to drive in while staying here, about 30 minutes away from west LA. Exceptionally comfortable and set in nicely maintained grounds and gardens with a great outdoor pool to relax in. Staff were helpful and very chatty and made our stay a real experience. There are places to eat on site, but they were not always open when we returned from our day trips. Breakfast was not the best but no other gripes whatsoever.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear cooneycooney,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed the serenity that our property provides. It is truly a very different experience from your standard hotel. The fountains, lakes, and landscaping really do contribute to an experience that makes you feel as if you are much further away from things than you really are. I appreciate your compliments to the staff as well and will pass them along.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back here at the Inn!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Daughter was making a college visit. It was hard finding a hotel in the area. Rolled the dice and found this perfect place. Room was large, clean, well decorated. Bath was huge with whirlpool bath. We were just there over night but it was fabulous. Grounds are just gorgeous. Daugher and I got up extra early so we could explore.
Husband and I will go back again just to enjoy the area and hotel. Well worth another trip. Highly recommend. Right up there with any 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear debbiedrury,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn! Best wishes to you and your family as your daughter pursues higher education. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Inn. We have a variety of outlets on property that really provide a 360 degree experience here. I do hope you return and have an opportunity to enjoy them on your next visit with us.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you here at the Inn again!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Westlake Village Inn in California for five days when attending my daughter's wedding, and had an wonderful experience. It is an older resort style hotel with several two story buildings of rooms. I loved the layout of my mini-suite with a gas fireplace and king size bed. The evenings were cool, so the fireplace was nice. There was also a sofa and a small refrigerator in the room. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was large with two sinks and a whirlpool tub. However, the bathroom could use renovating since some of the tile was cracked and chipped, and the tub was old. The view from the first floor room was OK since it looked out at the parking lot, but it also had a view of the golf course. There was a small patio outside the room with a table and chairs. The grounds were beautifully landscaped with streams, fountains, waterfalls, and lots of flowers, especially roses. There is a small lake on the property. There are also several locations that are pretty enough to be used for outdoor weddings. The pool was small but nice and heated. I used the fitness room almost every day, and thought that the treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals were very good. There is a a nice tennis club, and working vineyard on the property that is used to provide wine for the restaurants. I also went to the free continental buffet breakfast almost every day. The fresh fruit, cereals, sweet rolls, muffins, bagels, toast, juice, and coffee were plenty of food for me. We used two different banquet rooms for a rehearsal dinner, and a brunch. The rooms were very nice, and the service and food were excellent. All of the staff were very helpful and nice, and the housekeeping was good. I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future. Early reservations are recommended since the hotel was completely full the weekend I was there.

Room Tip: I would recommend a mini suite with a king sized bed on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear John C.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn! We would like to pass along our congratulations to your daughter on her wedding. We wish the happy couple all the best as they begin their lives together. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and really had the full experience that we have to offer here at the Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new fitness center. The treadmills and elliptical machines are brand new Life Fitness machines that we recently installed. Thank you for your compliments to the staff as well and I will be sure to pass those along to all the departments you mentioned.

Thank you again for staying with us here at the Inn and we look forward to seeing you back again!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've seen a few reviews here lamenting the staff but my experience was very positive - both front desk and housekeeping were friendly and helpful.

The hotel itself is not ultra-modern and a little dated for my liking (but fine if you like a more traditional look) However, everything works and its comfortable. Spacious room with good showers and beds. Fridge and wifi included in the room (another hotel in the area would charge for both)

Nice grounds and good restaurants on-site - had lunch at Stonehaus and breakfast at Mediterraneo. Buffet at the latter is a bit lacking but its free! Full breakfasts were pretty good and there was a good selection on the menu.

I'd be more than happy to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Clarence892,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy both the hotel and some of our outlets on the property as well. We have a lot to offer here at the property in terms of the experience, but I am most proud of our team and I appreciate your recognition of their efforts on your behalf.

We look forward to seeing you again and if you are back during the summer you will be able to experience our new pool bar!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I stayed this week for our anniversary. We checked in and requested a room the the Rose Arbor view as suggested when we made the phone reservation weeks in advance. They made the request and told us where to park. When we pulled around the corner we found the lot full with construction vehicles and very loud construction going on. We went back to the front desk to request our original room with the golf course view; however, for some reason this was no longer available, only a lower grade suite. We chose the lower grade suite as the construction noise made the original level suite we requested unbearable. It would have been nice if they had explained to us the construction going on when we requested the Rose Arbor view.

The bottle of wine we purchased to be waiting for us upon arrival never made it to the correct room until late in the evening when we had to remind them that we had purchased it.

Part of the reason we picked this hotel, was its proximity to Malibu Wines.
We requested direction to Malibu Wines at the front desk. They printed out the directions for us, but when we followed the map it took us to the wrong place. We needed to call the winery and ask them how to get there from the place the hotel's map had left us.

In the evening we went to the bar onsite, Bogies. We had a good time there until it was time to leave. There was a fight going on at the entrance that blocked us from being able to exit for a while. More concerning is that it seemed that some involved in the skirmish were employees of the place.

In the morning, we requested a late check-out (you can only request one the morning of here). They were able to accommodate the late checkout, so we decided we'd take advantage of their tennis club. We called ahead to see if they rented racquets. We were told that they did not, so we when out and bought a couple. When we arrived to the clubhouse to check in and get a court assigned, there was a large box by the counter filled with racquets labelled "Westlake Village Rental." Perhaps those are only for members of the club and not hotel guests, so it's still unclear whether or not you can expect to rent a racquet during your visit.

We then headed back to the room at 11:40am to get our stuff together and check-out before 12:30pm. When we got to our room, the key no longer worked. We had to go back to the front desk and have them reactivate the key so we could get back in and pack up all of our things and leave.

All of these issues came about from a 1 night stay. What was supposed to be a relaxing anniversary night became a hassle of needing to followup with everything to make sure that we got what we were paying for.

It's a shame because the resort is beautiful, and looks exactly like the kind of place we wanted to spend a relaxing getaway. Through all of the problems, the staff was always very friendly and worked to correct the issues. Perhaps if you were planning a longer stay, the hiccups will get sorted out if you take the initiative to get them corrected and the rest of the stay will go smoothly, but for a night or 2 it's just too many problems to make it worth the money. For a similar cost we could have stayed at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure the construction is complete or that your room is not near it. The constru...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy B
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Randy B.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with me. While I am happy to hear that our staff was always friendly and accommodating to you throughout your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. The construction process that we are going through right now is going to help us deliver an even better product for our guests and while we look forward to that we are trying to get the process completed as quickly as possible because we realize that it is cumbersome.

I would like to answer your questions about our Westlake Village Inn Tennis Club. The Club does have rental equipment available for guests who are renting courts.

Please contact me as I would like to assist you personally and can be reached at Robert_witcher@wvinn.com.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Inn.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family and many others stayed here for a wedding. We stayed for 5 full days. The hotel itself is gorgeous! The grounds are spectacular and meticulously maintained. The pool was very nice although they had pretty loud construction going at a part of the pool for a remodel. Could not be helped I guess. Those are the pros for staying there.

The cons are two for us. First a minor one. The continental breakfast they advertise for a couple of hours monday thru friday is possibly the worst I have ever seen. Luke warm coffee and a few pastries and muffins that are gone quickly. The coffee was lukewarm at best. The toaster did not work and when management was told, he did nothing about it.

The second con and a major one for us and many of our friends, including the bride and groom, was that the maid service was subpar and had no consistency. We constantly had to call for fresh towels and facecloths. None were left or not enough were left each day. We also had one roll of toilet paper in the suite and had to call for more. They delivered one roll. We used our water glasses and coffee cups the first day and they were taken away and never replaced. A blanket was removed from one of the beds one day and never replaced. We had to call to have one brought to us. I could go on but you get the idea. For 200 dollars a night anyone would have a right to expect better. These complaints were widespread in our group. Be forewarned.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen H

Dear Stephen H.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for your kind words about the beauty of our property. We hold ourselves to very high standards as it relates to our service the experience that we provide to our guests. I apologize that we did not live up to that standard in this instance. I would really appreciate some specifics about this experience and can be contacted directly at Robert_witcher@wvinn.com.

Thank you again for staying with us at the Inn and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We booked a suite for a business meeting & the staff were very accommodating giving us a very late checkout to meet our needs. The setting is very tranquil with nature creeping up to the deck. Ducks, frogs & an early morning raccoon visit. My only complaint: the pillows could use an upgrade . . .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear imcarthur,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your compliments about the beauty of the property and kindness of the staff. We are very fortunate in both regards and that is what really sets us apart from all other properties. I appreciate your feedback regarding the pillows and am happy to let you know that we are in the process of changing over the pillows for the whole property and in fact are nearly finished with this process.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you back at the Inn again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!