“Left after 5 minutes”

Motel 6 Westminster South
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed 24 June 2014

As soon as we walked in my 11 year old daughter wanted to leave. Non smoking room, smelled like cigarettes. It was musty, stinky, and damp. When I pulled the covers off of the bed it looked like someone had emptied a hairbrush between the sheets. When I went to the office to ask for new sheets (even though we were going to sleep in our sleeping bags) the lady in the office was kind and gave me new ones. Well, when the new ones were covered with hair too we just had to leave. I felt bad, but with the not so safe location and the fact that the place just wasn't clean we never would have slept through the night. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else unless you enjoy staying somewhere disgusting. Oh and my money was returned with no problem.

Room Tip: No room is a good room. gross gross gross
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 79lauraz

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place looked okay during the day...... but at night it was crawling with junkies and dealers. Very very sketchy place that made us feel truly uncomfortable. We are on a tight budget and have stayed in low cost motels, but this was the first that made us feel truly unsafe. After coming back from the beach an addict was being arrested in the parking lot for stealing someone wallet. Thats when we decided enough was enough and ended up sleeping in the car by the beach which felt a magnitude safer.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitch H
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I love this place. The staff made me feel very comfortable. Everyone is extremely friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. Also my dog can stay. I love it. Not to mention affordable prices and great location. Just a great motel. I would recommend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My brother and I stayed at Motel 6 North Westminster for a couple of days before I came to this one... This motel was really bad comparing to the Motel 6 on Goldenwest. The bathroom was dirty, it looked like no one came to clean it. The sheets and comforter have cigarette burns on it when I choose a nonsmoking room. The room smelled really bad even though it was a nonsmoking room. I did not feel safe when I was here. In the middle of the night, the room on top of us was being very loud, blasting techno music, and stomping. I would not recommend this motel, even though it was cheap it was not worth it. I prefer staying at the motel 6 on Goldenwest instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy N
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The manager Jorge and his staff are amazing ! Going through my experience at extended stay and then previously being kicked at 10 p.m. out of comfort suites hb for having a dog that never made a mess out made any noises, I had a hard time coming up with money due to losing my money that I had paid at the previous hotel. they gave me time after checkout time to collect my money and pay them. They cared and understood my situation and didn't treat me like trash. I am very intelligent and have been in sales for over 11 years, they were more professional and caring than any other place that I have ever been to. They may not have the thrills and extras but you can check in as early as 5 a.m. and have a caring staff. I will recommend this place to even my family! Thanks Jorge and staff!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank markdively
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I stayed at this Motel 6 for one short night as it is right around the corner from a fiend's place. I was concerned that the area did not seem the greatest and the property seemed a little run-down. The room I was given was okay, but as is always the case with Motel 6, no frills. I had asked from a quiet room, since the motel is right next to the very busy 405 freeway. I think they gave me the quietest location possible, but, it was still fairly loud, but not too bad, considering the amount of traffic on the freeway.

The WiFi (currently $2.99 for 24 hours access) was fine. Overall, I was a bit concerned about staying here, and I am unsure if I would stay again. It is the cheapest rate around, but I wonder if more money in a nicer area might be worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights. When we checked we noticed that we did not have any towels to take a shower. We went back to the front desk, who stated that someone will be back to our room. After an hour we called the front desk again to be told the towels will arrive shortly. After 3 hours, went back to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager. I asked him if he knows that we have been waiting 3 hours for towels. I then asked him if this was acceptable to him. He said that the girl is on lunch. I then advised him that we arrived at 1:30 pm and it is now 4:30 pm and that the cleaning cart and the door next to ours is open. So she has been on a 3 hour lunch. Regardless, the hotel was clean, it is near a busy route( which is not the hotels fault) I do think that when you check in to a hotel you do get towels and not have to ask for them 3 times.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple