“Popular restuarant, expect to wait”

Ngu Binh Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 292 Restaurants in Westminster
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friend Linda wanted to have lunch with Anna and me, so we decided we were in the mood for Bun Bo Hue, the vietnamese spicy noodle soup. While driving closer to the plaza, the girls realized it was close to 12:00 noon. We should have left earlier, they said. I thought they meant the terrible parking problem (as is the case for Asian plazas). Well, that was one issue, but its a popular restaurant, so there's also a long line!!

Anna put our name on the wait list, and 7 parties were ahead of us. That was about a 1/2 hour wait, which when you're on the clock, is not good. But, what do you do? Its noon, and every place has a line now.

We finally sat down and told our waiter we wanted the Banh Beo, the rice appetizers, along with 2 Bun Bo Hue noodle soups, and 1 Mi Quang, a yellow noodle type salad dish.

I had the Bun Bo Hue spicy noodle soup, and it was very good!! It actually was a little spicy, compared to other places they've taken me. The small seemed to have more noodles than the large bowl, and the same ingredients. I think next time I'm going small.

Aside from the wait to sit, the service was fast. Parking sucks, but its not a true "Asian Plaza" if it didn't.

1  Thank callmemochelle

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Banh beo is my favorite food of all times and this place have the 10 individual ones each in their own dish for about $7. They were so good that my hubby had to order 2 orders and each of us ate them as appetizers.

We followed by bun bo hue and banh canh tom cua. I had the bun bo hue and hubby had the banh canh. Both were excellent.

Overally, this place have good food with cheaper prices than other places in and around OC.

One of our must stop whenever we visit California.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I'll admit: I only come here for 3 dishes, and never order anything else. This restaurant is well know for their bun bo hue, mi quang, and banh beo, all of which are incredibly good. If you order anything else, I don't know if you'll be satisfied with your dish, which may affect your perception of this place. I've never been disappointed by those 3 dishes at any time. The service isn't so bad either, but you do need to ask for what you want because they don't really come by to check up on you like American restaurants do. NOTE: This restaurant is cash only. The only downside about this place is the wait: it's crowded here no matter what time you go, so expect to wait at least 20 minutes for a table. And even though they expanded, it doesn't seem like their staff did, so the wait time for your food to arrive is a bit longer than the average Vietnamese place. They really need to hire more cooks here.

2  Thank buffy0182
Reviewed 31 May 2013

They do bun bo hue right.... so spicy! Yet so good and flavorful... I didn't have to add anything to my bowl. In fact, I normally don't eat bun bo hue outside of mom's house (never found a place that made it well), and now I'm a total convert. I've never craved restaurant bun bo hue until now.

1  Thank Johnny N
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Had two hours to spend in Little Saigon. Always liked Vietnamise food flavors. After parking at the strip mall, googled the near by restaurants (6 of them). Made my choice. The choice was right. Every dish was delicious. it is regional central Vietnamese food. One of the best Vietnamese places I have been too.

1  Thank dostrovs