“No Visitors ?”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Abbotsford, Canada
“No Visitors ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Got bad vibes from front desk guy immediately. A friend I had'nt seen in years came to visit only to be chased away, he was told no visitors allowed unless he wanted to pay $70. More like a prison than a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid, unless management is adjusted.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Randy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
Los Angeles CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Me and my family stayed in this inn. Its cheap and somehow neat. What made me decide to never ever come back is the manager/front desk. He is VERY RUDE. Raises voice to costumers. No costumer service at all. He even told us that our room is dirty while we only stay there to sleep. We asked for our comforter to be changed and he said that were supposed to keep it clean. And if you ask to speak to someone higher than him. Noone. Its just him you have to deal with. And the best part of it, we cannot refund any money because he wont let us since we paid for a whole week!

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank jaycel_javier
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here June 15-19. Nice clean comfortable room with grocery stores,restaurants,gym and my favorite donut shop. Remodeled and clean. Mini refrigerator,microwave,coffee maker and
big tv. Family owned and they live on premises to take care of any requests. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Danny C
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a perfectly-ok inexpensive hotel, in my opinion. I did not think it was anything special, but the staff were all very courteous and pleasant, the accomodations were adequate, and overall it was a good value for the low price. The pool is tiny and uninviting - but that was no big deal for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank victoria_17sb
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We are here in our room at the Friendly Hills Inn. Not only is the room spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished, but the bed is more comfortable than ours at home. The hosts are outstanding in their desire to accommodate our every need. I've had my share of corporate hosts in matching blazers and fixed smiles, also unkempt clerks that don't really like to be bothered. Any time I'm in this area, I will be staying here and we highly recommend this ! The location is not far from the theme parks. Also, Whittier Blvd has fast food, grocery stores and antique shops. We chose not to use the pool but it looks very clean and inviting.

Room Tip: Trust the people behind the desk to take good care of you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mendotaman
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Was really pleasantly surprised! This hotel is run by a couple who take a personal interest in the success of a guest's stay. My room was recently updated to a very nice standard. All of my requests were taken care of. Definitely would come back again and again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Skip H
Hacienda Heights, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently, and we both have nothing but great comments and absolute overall satisfaction. The price is great, the rooms are absolutely clean, comfortable, and everything in them works perfectly. Very conveniently located, with shopping centers and many restaurants around, and just minutes from the freeways. My wife noticed how quiet this place is (second floor, north side, you will not hear a thing) and we both agreed that it looks very safe. We couldn’t ask for any friendlier staff, they are really friendly and eager to help, and go above and beyond expectations. The kicker: I told the owner we were running late to a tailgate party, we needed to pick up some things in the room and go. Well, in our way out we found a small cooler with some ice and a six-pack on top of my car, --who does that for you??? I would recommend this Hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ernesto C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Norwalk Inn
Angels Motel
Angels Motel
#3 of 9 in Pico Rivera

Been to Friendly Hills Inn? Share your experiences!