DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Reviewed 11 November 2013

my guest and I had an amazing time! we stayed for my sisters wedding in the area and i made reservations about two months in advance, i spoke with Front Desk Supervisor Kristen and she was extremely helpful, kind and was not batting an eye to go out of her way to accommodate. The rest of the staff was also helpful. The girls at the front desk and a server named Domingo. My entire experience at this hotel was better than Icould have imagined. my family and guest all agree! Again, Kris, thank you so much, we owe it all to you. I would def stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was extremely clean and beautiful. All the staff were outlandishly nice and welcoming. Management, Sales, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Restaurant, and Bar staff (and any other department I might have missed) were all incredible and fast to help with anything and most accommodating and pleasing if they even thought for a second that something might not be satisfactory. Most importantly they all seemed to love their work and each other. We even got to watch them while they were taking pictures with their pumpkin carvings and you could really feel the energy and the comfortable environment. They had a lot of fun. Great attitudes like that will really run off on your guests.

I'm moving to Los Angeles in a month or two and if I need to stay somewhere before my apartment is available I'd love to return. Already told everyone how great of a place it is.

I believe Jessica is the name of the woman who checked us in. She was wonderful. I really wish I could remember everyone else's names too.

The restaurant food was perfect and the staff and cooks there were great. We had breakfast and dinner both a few times. The lounge was cool and a great place to relax.

The hotel location itself was great. Whittier seems like a nice area and there were great places to do whatever we'd like within walking distance of the hotel.

I don't want to ramble too much, but everyone and everything exceeded my expectations and I hope to stay with you all again. This is a very well run hotel and keep up the good work! Thanks for everything!

Josh

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Perhaps it was my mistake making this reservation through a third party. A mistake I will not make again. When I showed up at the hotel I was told the only room available was a smoking room but I was in luck, it is a suite! Having stayed here before I was familiar with the style of the rooms and amenities. This room was twice as large as any others and that is where the story gets interesting. The carpet was dated and worn, the tv was something I hadn't seen since the 90's and didn't face anything in particular. The majority of the space was just a wide open room, great if your a bunch of kids looking for a party pad(that's what it smelled like). I'm a 34 year old and was in town on business. Everything was worn and dated! When I called the front desk they informed me there was nothing else and my request for a non-smoking room would not be available. At this point I decided to leave, as I was packing my bags the manager called to express his apologies and they found me a room! Poof magic! The room was fine. What I had expected. A few other incident over the next two days made me doubt the aptitude of the staff and management. I ordered decaf tea and was brought anything but decaf. I asked for a robe to wear down to the pool and it took one and a half hours to get it. I called numerous times and was told it was on its way. Eventually I just sat in the lobby and waited for it. I stay in hotel several times a month, I generally have low expectations everything is perfect and my request are mundane yet always performed with the utmost attention and care. Because my first two stays here were truly fantastic I was disappointed to find things had taken a turn toward the worse.

• Stayed: March 2013
RadissonWhittier, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Good Day Staci,
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not so pleasant this past time at the Radisson Hotel Whittier! We do value the comments and feedback of all of our guests to insure we can make the hotel the best place to stay. We take pride in our hotel, customer service, and attention to details to ensure our guest has the best experience here. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations….. which is certainly our goal.

Frank Macias
Director of Sales & Marketing
Radisson Hotel, Uptown Whittier
7320 Greenleaf Avenue
Whittier, CA 90602
(562) 945-8529

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived @2:30pm and had to sit in lobby until 3:00 for regulation check-in. Probably because housdkeeping is understaffed or overwhelmed. Rooms were cleaned until after 5 and room service trays and dishes littered the hallways all day without pick up. The hotel hosts a college free for all party on Saturday nights. You can't get to your room without a yellow wristband they use to keep the kids out. The lobby and lounge are packed with noisy and drunk people and they pewked all over the hotel parking lot when they left. The hotel otherwise is average, the staff is competent and helpful, not many selections of TV stations, and I did have trouble connecting wireless. I would definitely stay away on weekends to avoid the party chaos but probably would not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We visited on a package with Whittier College, which seemed a pretty decent discount. The hotel is the major hotel for uptown Whittier. It has had some criticism in the past but seems to be getting better. It's close to everything you need and parking is plenty and free. Staff are polite and helpful and the rooms are clean and refurbished. We didn't use many of the facilities. We did use the pool, which was quiet and caught the sun. On the downside, the place does seem to double up for the main 'convention centre' for the town and so there seemed to be always a lot going on in the meeting rooms etc. This was ok until the night time, when the noise has an impact either in the corridors to the rooms or in the car parks. Noise was a bit of an issue. The information in the rooms about the hotel and local facilities was also poor. However you get what you expect and I'm confident that if there was a problem the staff would try there best to resolve it.

Room Tip: possibly get a room onto the pool for a better nights sleep
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I arrived at the hotel just after midnight after several hours of driving on the interstate. Needless to say, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. Upon entering the hotel, I immediately heard the loud booming of a club - the girl at the check-in apologized for the noise and mentioned that it closes around 1AM in the morning.

Check-in was smooth, the girl placed me on the 8th floor, and said it was in the wing of the hotel that was quiet. I was a bit skeptical, but thankfully it was! I didn't hear any bass or any noise from the club up on the 8th floor.

The room itself was decent, clean, but worn out. The TV did not work, the Sleep Number bed unit did not work either, the black out curtains wouldn't close completely either - leaving a 4" gap in between the curtains. I was too tied to care and just flopped to sleep.

I woke up around 7AM from the sunshine pouring through the gap in the blackout curtains.

My neck unfortunately was all cramped up... it was because the bed was horribly uncomfortable, probably due to the broken air pump on the Sleep Number bed and the fact the pillows were crappy.

Thankfully only stayed one night.

Parking is free, that's a bonus. Internet was decent sped and free.

I would rate it overall as an average hotel - if the staff did a little more due diligence, i.e. check if the bed is functioning correctly or if the TV would even turn on... it would have made my stay much more pleasant.

Room could use a revamp too.

Room Tip: High up, away from the club.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here July 30th to August 2nd, 2013 in a renovated room #816.

This Radisson is in a great location in Los Angeles county putting you just outside the hustle and bustle but at the same time you are just 45 minutes from the beach.

FRONT DESK:

The lady checking us in was nice enough but we have had warmer greetings at other Radissons.

LOBBY:

It was spacious and open and led to the outdoor pool and hot tub. Sophia's restaurant, ATM, two computers and printer in the "business" center were all easily accessible from the lobby.

POOL & HOT TUB:

The pool was small but heated so you could easily enjoy a nice swim. My disappointment comes from the hot tub.

The water was greenish, dirty at the bottom, the water was not heated, like a hot tub should be, as it felt like bath water and the jets were weak.

This was not relaxing like it should be. The front desk said the water is heated as is or super hot.

Umm, you mean hot like a hot tub should be? Keep in mind the outside temperature was in the mid 70's and the hot tub was 80.

Very disappointing!

ROOM:

We had a small room with two double sleep number beds on the 8th floor as requested. We asked for the pool view side and got it. However, the only view we had was the ugly roof tops unless you stuck your head half way out the window.

Overall, the room met our needs as we there to just sleep after enjoying the beaches all day.

HOUSEKEEPING:

They did a great job and our room was always cleaned and stocked.

CLEANLINESS OF HOTEL:

We really didn't care to see other guests trash and dishes in the hallway while walking to the elevator.

This was a daily occurrence. The management should have staff monitoring the floors hourly to clean up trash etc.

EXPERIENCE:

Would I stay here again? Maybe.

If I am wanting to visit the LA area and beaches we would consider this Radisson again even though our room had no microwave or at the very least a small refrigerator.

Oh yeah, we are still waiting on the fan we requested Tuesday night.

We have been a member of the Carlson rewards program for many years and we love the Radisson and Country Inn & Suites.

This Radisson offers the bare mininum and doesn't give you the wow factor but it is in a great location, is recently renovated and offers a great night sleep on the sleep number bed.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bohalltrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
Vagabond Inn - Whittier
Vagabond Inn - Whittier
#4 of 11 in Whittier
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles? Share your experiences!