“Falls Short of Hype”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Williams
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

From the name you might guess this to be a grand place, and so it seems. As you walk in there are things everywhere. This is more than a restaurant. However, we came to eat. The service was great, but the food average at best. I ordered a steak sandwich. The garlic on the roll overpowered and the steak was chewy rather than tender. My wife and daughter ordered a pizza. Again the garlic overpowered the rest of the elements of the pizza. Subtlety in seasoning is apparently not used here. I would not choose to come back here again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have always stopped here on a trip towards the coast or headed north on Interstate 5 for breakfast. We always get the 2 pancakes and sausage and eggs for a great price. However this time we were headed back from a trip so decided to stop for a late lunch/ early dinner. My husband ordered the turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was so ridiculously small! One piece of bread, one piece of turkey for over $10.00! It looked like it was served on a saucer it was so small. The server should have said something about how small of a portion it was going to be. It wouldn't have been enough for my little grandma! I think their portion size and price range is a little "off" to say the least. The salad bar is a plus for this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was the second time we have been to this restaurant. It is more than just a place to eat, that's for sure! I enjoy looking at all of the "treasures" that are offered. Lots of gift items, and fun food items to bring home or give to friends. The food is very good. This time I ordered a hot open faced turkey sandwich that came with mashed potatoes and gravy. I thought that it was considered an entree (it wasn't, I was told; it is a sandwich) so I didn't get a side dish of veggies or salad. But it was tasty and the waiter was nice and quite effiecient.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was one crazy place! My son's eyes were huge and he had plenty of stuffed animals of EVERY kind on the walls to keep him busy. After spending an hour driving through some winding steep mountains we needed a stop and a drink. Yummy Bloody Maries! We didn't eat but the food looked great , I have to bring my husband back. They have a large gift shop and deli, I was able to get a nice bottle of wine for my mom, gourmet spicy mustard for my husband and candy for my daughter. Nice atmosphere with high table that kids love to sit at. Not sure if all those dead animals were real at one time but it was definitely a new experience for my son and I.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Anytime while driving through Williams, Granzella's is our stop for lunch. We have eaten at their bar and restaurant and absolutely love the food. They have many options to eat from a quick sandwich at the deli to some good ole fashioned home cooking. They also have an arrangement of Italian items like olives, sauces, and breads. If you are not looking for a full meal, it is a fun place for a stop to add snacks, drinks, and goodies to your road trip. I highly recommend paying a visit upon your next time through town.