On our trip home from California via I 5 it was time to be off the road for the night. I remembered a friend said Williams was a neat place to stop - having just seen two big billboards promoting Granzella's Inn, we pulled into this old farming town. We were met with a friendly, informative woman who lowered the night rate a bit when we indicated it was more than we usually paid. She also gave us a 10% off coupon for the adjoining restaurant/deli/bar, and a coupon for a free loaf of their home baked Sour Dough bread. (This was great - I bought Olive Oil and Cranberry Vinegar and we ate the bread with our Happy Hours the next 3 days on the road!) Our spacious room was well decorated, a very comfortable king sized bed, fluffy towels in the big bathroom - all worked for a quiet night's sleep. We had a short walk around Williams, about 4 blocks square,many old closed building. The town was very quiet, only two stores open - As this is a farming community, I think Saturday morning might be a more exciting time in town? Had comforting dinner in the restaurant, walked through the bar - filled with young guys drinking beer, the wall decor featured too many stuffed deer & bears for my taste. Breakfast was basic, cereal, waffles, juice, good coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top to Bottom renovation completed in 2010! Perfect location with famous Granzella's Restaurant, Lounge, Deli, and Gift Shop! Your perfect "half-way" stop on Interstate 5! **DOG FRIENDLY!!!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Granzella's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granzella`s Hotel Williams
- Granzellas Hotel Williams