“Only a fool would stay there twice!”

Econo Lodge Williams
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Looked OK from I-5--made reservation on line. $74 seemed a little high at the time. Asked for 2nd (top) floor, got it--room toward the end of complex. Two beds. Entered room--stifling hot. Turned on air--seemed a little feeble. Went out for dinner at nearby casino, returned 3 hours later. Room had not cooled down at all. Lamp shade broken and in need of tossing in garbage. When to front 'desk'--interesting (laughable) huge sign above door to office says 'Concierge'. Young lady there switched rooms for us. Went next door, room identical, although had newer style A/C unit. Took about two hours for room to cool down enough to sleep. Large brown wet spot in ceiling--hole punched/sliced through sheet rock to drain out water. Really nice look. Toilet not seated properly, most of bathroom floor covered with water. One beadspread had disgusting stain on it--put it on floor, didn't need it anyway at these temperatures. In morning tried to take shower, but adjustable shower nozzle defective. When set for normal spray, went mainly sideways and over top of curtain. Only one that worked was the pulsating position, which made us feel like we were getting beat up just one more time before we left this place. Trash can outside room, teeming with ants. Oh, and the pool? Small, but the daytime temperatures in that area turned the water kind of a milky color--didn't see anyone using it either. Overall, probably the worst lodging experience we had in 35 years of traveling. There is a Motel 6 next door which seemed to have a few more cars. Advice--By-Pass Williams, California or pay the extra money and stay at the Colusa Casino.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lie2me
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Williams

Reviewed 10 January 2010

Nothing really stood out as being bad. It was adequate. But relative to other Quality Inns, I expected a better room for the money. Particularly for it's location. I've paid way less, for way better. I would suggest stopping at the Comfort Inn in Woodland about 20 miles south.

• Stayed: January 2010
2  Thank CliveDexx
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We have lived here a couple weeks while we were buying a house. After we were here a while, I decided to check out its reviews and was prompted to write one myself.

First, it is no longer called the Comfort Inn. It changed its name to the Quality Inn. I believe this may be due to the fact that it came under new ownership about 2 years ago. I think the current owners do a good job. I noticed a lot of reviews about outdated rooms. Yes, the bathrooms are done in pink tile, but personally I think it looks good. The comforter is a neutral striped gold. Overall, I would say it's not sparkling shiny and new, but I wouldn't really go so far as to call it "outdated." I was very happy with our room.

The positive points are the cleanliness, the complimentary breakfast and newspaper, the customer service, and the spaciousness and the amenities of the rooms. The breakfast is really good, better than most continental breakfasts. They have boiled eggs, waffles, sausage, bagels, danishes, and more. Our room had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, iron, and hairdryer. They also have a very clean pool and hot tub. And the mattress was much more comfortable than what we usually find at the cheapest places. Also, they have free wifi in the lobby, and they will give you a cord for free to get internet in your room. Most places in Williams charge for internet.

The location has good and bad points. It's very close to I-5 and the entire town of Williams doesn't really have a "bad" neighborhood. It is walking distance to most of town including restaurants, bars, etc. However, it is way too close to the freeway. Our room was on the freeway side, and the noise was very noticeable. However, we stayed here for a long time, and it only bothered us when we were outside the room trying to talk on our cell phones (the reception wasn't good inside for Sprint). It is nearly impossible to hear anything outside the room because the freeway is so loud. Inside the room you can still hear it, but it's not nearly as loud. At first I thought it would keep us up at night, but with the AC on you can't really notice it. But I definitely suggest getting a room on the opposite side of the hotel, not on the freeway side.

Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here on your way up or down I-5. I think it is a good value. There is a Motel 6 literally next door that is often a little cheaper, and I usually do stay in Motel 6 due to cost when I only have to stay one night, but since we were living here for a few weeks, we decided to go with something a little more decent, and we are glad we did.

By the way, go to Louis Cairo's for drinks and food (if you can spend $20/plate). Only go to Granzella's for food if you can't afford Louis Cairo's. But if you like to drink, Louis Cairo's is better and stays open later. Granzella's bar will ignore you if you come in after 9pm. But both have good food.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2009

Travel home on I-5 north we needed a hotel for the night. We used one of those free travel coupon booklets. We went to the Comfort Inn it look alright. It was a very used old motel. The rooms were clean. It is a very much in need of a updating pink tile on counter and in bath tub. The heater didn't work. We asked for a new room. Went to new room light over sink didn't work. Stayed in the old room. Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was waffles, pastries cereal, orange, coffee and tea. Everyone at the motel was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Stopped here for one night on a roadtrip down I-5. Clean and comfortable. Reasonably priced. Nice continental breakfast. No complaints.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Adriansmum
Reviewed 16 May 2008

Older Motel. Rooms Clean. Needs some renovations. Breakfast area too small.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 6 December 2006

I am writing this from my room at the Comfort Inn in Williams. The upside is the free high speed connection, the down side is the peeling wallpaper and overall poor condition of the rooms (especially for the cost). It also has a terrible location. I made a reservation based on someone else's recommendation and without checking TripAdvisor (big mistake). When I arrived in Williams and drove by the hotel I tried to switch to Granzella's but they were sold out. I would suggest staying at Granzella's or keep on driving.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SouthBay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Ramada Williams
#3 of 6 in Williams
Motel 6 Williams
Motel 6 Williams
#6 of 6 in Williams

Been to Econo Lodge Williams? Share your experiences!