“Just passing though Willits”
Review of Baechtel Creek Inn

Baechtel Creek Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Willits
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We traveled in from Reno and decided to stop for the night. The grounds are just wonderful. Someone takes a lot of pride in this place. The room was just average. For the price I was disappointed.$119.00 a night I expected more. The next night we stayed @ Gold Beach and got a one bedroom two bathroom with kitchen and living room for the same price.The room here was just basic. That being said, the employees are very friendly. The breakfast was very good.
They have a gazebo out front for smokers which is nice so I don't have to feel like a criminal for smoking. We got to meet the resident dogs. Very cute.
They have a pool and hot tub. My friend stuck her hand in the hot tub and said it felt just warm so we didn't partake. Over all I would stay here again as it is nice. Just a little over priced. But maybe not 'cause the breakfast was really good! lol

Room Tip: I see that they have themed rooms. Maybe ask for one of those. If I had known that when we stayed ma...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
JanBaechtel, General Manager at Baechtel Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us as you were passing through Willits. We appreciate that your took note of the landscaping and small things we do to make our guests feel welcome. Our hot breakfast is homemade and something most of our guests really enjoy. We hope to see you again as you "pass thru!"

Jan & Staff

Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Bechtel was a very nice little Motel. At check in the clerk was very friendly. The room was average size but well decorated. The bed was comfortable but a down pillow would have been nice but not a deal breaker. The breakfast was nice, they use real eggs for the scramble. The breakfast room is very nice with a great view of the creekside, very relaxing. I didn't not use the pool due rather cool weather but it looked very & well kept. I will definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
JanBaechtel, General Manager at Baechtel Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you for your review. We have just upgraded our hot breakfast to include our own home cooked egg dishes, begium waffels, hot fresh oatmeal, fresh fruits and various bread items. We are so glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Bed was very comfortable, too bad the pillows were like hard rocks. The towels in our room were thin and scratchy and one was even thread bare. The room was clean and the man who checked us in last night was very nice. Breakfast was a disappointment, weak horrible coffee and eggs with meat mixed in so too bad for us non-meat eaters. This place has the bones to be a lot nicer and higher quality but the little details are somehow being overlooked.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
JanBaechtel, General Manager at Baechtel Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guests insight and value their comments and we truly do take the, to heart!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I was pleased to find such a lovely little gem on our journey to northern california. After our first night and the oh so comfortable bed, we decided to use the Baechtel Creek Inn as our base station as we toured through Mendocino county and the gorgeous Anderson Valley. Everyone at the Inn was so lovely and helpful, they directed my friends and I to the best places including a hidden little hike through the redwoods to a secluded waterfall. Both dinner restaurants that were recommended were divine, one (Adams) the manager even called and asked to stay open past closing so that we could enjoy a wonderful meal - they did and we enjoyed the best crab cakes of our life!

Our last morning, my girlfriend and I enjoyed a few spa treatments while the boys read the paper outside overlooking the creek. While the amazingly comfortable bed and unbelievable hospitality was surely to bring me back the best facial I have ever had was really the stand out. Living in NYC and traveling globally, I have enjoyed spa's all over the world. The Spa at Baechtel Creek was simple yet elegant, clean and unpretentious. The therapist (Sara) was incredible, knowledgeable, through and gave me the most incredible face massage i have ever received. My skin was radiating for days afterward. The Eminence product line was so luxurious, I was thrilled to find that it was organic and that i could purchase some items to take home with me. I have been using them every day and I see an incredible difference in my skin.

All and all this was a lovely Inn with a staff that is second to none! I cannot wait to come back again in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you were so pleased our spa! We appreciate how good our therapists Are and are glad you did too! We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 3 March 2013

After reading earlier reviews (some not so flattering), this motor inn was much better than we had first thought to expect. It is set back from the highway and even though we had a 2nd floor room facing the highway we hardly noticed any noise. If you are a really light sleeper, the rooms on the south side would be quieter, but we never felt the need.

The check-in staff was excellent and gave us some great tips for restaurants in the area, even offering to make dinner reservations for us that evening.

The outside property looks well maintained and clean. Our room was clean and the king bed was comfy. Bathroom is split with sink and counter space on the outside. Separate tub and toilet area was not overly spacious but ok.

The complimentary breakfast was one of the best we had experienced in our travels. Lots of hot and cold selections to choose from. Only thing that would have made it better is if there was more of a selection of fruit. The breakfast room also is laid out very nicely and has nice views looking out over the pool and forested area at the back.

We did not take advantage of the spa/massage on the property, but another guest was booking a massage and said his last visit he had "the best massage ever".

Good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
JanBaechtel, General Manager at Baechtel Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. We are set back in a court, just one turn off the Hwy and at the back of the court - so the HWY noise is much reduced. We are glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Appreciate your comments on the breakfast - we do try to give numerous choices and also switch it up so our stayover guests don't get bored! We agree about the fruit - winter is more difficult to get good fruit. In the summer we have watermelon and cantalope, besides the apples and bananas

Thank you again for taking the time to let others know of your experience!

Jan

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was visiting the area and this hotel was clean and quiet. The front desk was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The lobby was inviting and the hotel was well-kept. The room and "hotel" was standard: king bed, very low shower (good pressure), free internet, nice breakfast (free), cute pool and jacuzzi area. Two concerns. Very noisy people below me and the bedding cover had remnants of chocolate on it from someone before me. A little concerning. I was too tired to complain that night.

Room Tip: Right on the main highway. Tucked away.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
JanBaechtel, General Manager at Baechtel Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

We are glad there were so many positive aspects to your stay! We always appreciate our guests that take the time to note the little things that make a difference - like the breakfast and the WIFI and the lovely pool area - which is at its best in the warmer weather!

I will email you personally about the "chocolate" on the white bedding! White bedding is a challenge, however, we use Sheet Duvets which are rather like a huge pillow case and are changed after each guest . .

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The rooms were very clean, well kept and the Inn is actually very pretty. The hotel is located off of the main street and is easy to access. Parking is abundant and they have a spa on site. The staff informed us upon check-in that there wasn't a massage therapist on duty that day but would gladly call one in should we need any spa services. About 15 min after check-in the staff member called us to make sure our room was up to par. The next morning we enjoyed the complementary breakfast provided by Inn. They have a lovely little dining area with a view to what seamed to be a walking trail surrounded by beautiful dense trees. They had a rather large selection for breakfast consisting of a bread pudding, oatmeal, granola, cereal, Belgian waffles, eggs with sausage, fresh yogurt and potatoes. We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to stay an extra day.

***ONLY COMPLAINT THAT I HAVE*** was that during the first night my significant other was sitting in bed with his back against the headboard watching the television and the headboard fell (apparently its just a board nailed to the wall and the nail head had broken right off). We spoke to the staff up front and they assured us that they would remount it witch they did but failed to inform us that they were going to charge a $30.00 fee to our credit card for this service!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review! We are delighted you were happy with our hotel and the amenities we offer. I will contact you personally about the headboard - I had not heard about that! Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again when you are in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
The Old West Inn
#5 of 23 in Fort Bragg
Shoreline Cottages
Shoreline Cottages
#1 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Baechtel Creek Inn? Share your experiences!