“Not your typical Super 8 Motel”
Review of Super 8 Willits

Super 8 Willits
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Willits
Reviewed 3 September 2007

We unexpectedly stayed in Willits on our return trip from Oregon. It was a holiday weekend and pickins were slim. We relunctantly reserved a room at the Super 8 because it was one of the few places with 2 rooms.

CHECK-IN: I have to admit, I was a little concerned because when I called on the phone, the clerk (who I believe was one of the owners) treated me like I wasn't going to show up, even though I gave her a credit card to hold my room, with a cancellation fee imposed. However, upon arrival, the same woman was very friendly.

ROOMS: We were given a room with 2 king beds at a rate of $99. We couldn't believe how large the room was. (My parents had a king bed for $89 that was perfect.) It was impeccably clean, with a brand new t.v. The bathroom was a little small, but it didn't matter because the sink and area to put on make-up was located outside the bathroom. They had some pretty nice soap and shampoo for a low-budget motel. The bed was fine...not too hard, but not the most comfortable either. I saw other rooms, including my parents, and they all appeared roomy and well-kept.

FACILITIES: WOW! A budget motel where one could spend the day enjoying the gardent area? Yep. They had a fountain and chairs and a nice lawn area that looks better than my back yard. The pool area was small, but clean. My dad asked if we could stay one more day just to enjoy the gardens.

COMP BREAKFAST: CSAA listed it as an expanded continental breakfast. That was a slight exaggeration. They had a couple of cereals, toast, pasteries and bananas. It was okay. The milk had been left out and was warmer than luke warm. The bananas were green. The machine-dispensed orange juice tasted more like water with a dash of orange.

Based on my knowledge of Super 8 motels, I have to admit that this one is a gem. In fact, I liked it better than some of the Hiltons and higher priced hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 1happydisneygirl

Reviewed 24 August 2007

For a budget chain hotel the rooms were nice and had a few unexpected amenities like a refrigerator, extra pillows, pool with hot tub. The curved shower bar gave you extra room in the shower. The courtyard area with fountain was reasonably attractive. The complimentary breakfast was really minimal so assume you’ll need to go out for breakfast.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank Cole_Valley
Reviewed 18 October 2006

I am part of a group that routinely stays in Willits for one or two nights when in the area. For the last couple of years we've been staying at the Super 8 - I did the arrangements for our most recent visit. They have large rooms with coffee makers and microwaves. They offer a basic breakfast, including coffee, tea, juice, bread and a toaster, and milk and cold cereal. They also are happy to let us use the breakfast room for our group pot-luck dinner. And lastly, they are really nice people. They know us and happily offer us a group rate and are always welcoming and accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank JTRoth
Reviewed 22 May 2006

This motel in my opinion deserves 5 stars for lodging in a budget category. It is an excellent motel with many conveniences, including microwave, iron, hair dryer, fridge, coffee pot. The beds were comfortable and included extra pillows. Our bathroom was well stocked with extra towels, and although they are not big we were well satisfied. Also, every surface gleamed with cleanliness and nothing was shabby or worn. The pool area was attractive and the outside area was well kept with plenty of flowering plants. We stayed at 2, 3, and 4 star lodgings on this last trip and I really must give this motel plenty of credit for what you get for your money. We paid $79.00 for two queen beds and were very comfortable for our entire several day stay. Some people are not happy with budget lodging but a stay here is hardly roughing it and I have paid $20 more a night for motels that gave a lot less.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank MarciS
A TripAdvisor Member
sebastopol,ca
Reviewed 8 December 2005

I pulled into this hotel because I figured on an inexpensive room for a hurried trip. I realize this is a budget hotel, however, I had barely any toilet paper, thin walls, towels that were too thin and a continental breakfast that felt monitered! Too budget for me and later I found out I could have stayed at another place that looked nicer, quieter and more inviting for about the same price!

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2005

Very clean and comfortable room. Has a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Front desk very friendly and helpful, he located Sweet & Low for me for a much-needed evening cup of coffee. Would definitely stay there again.

2  Thank Amy G
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed 6 July 2004

We stopped here for the night on a road trip. Very neat and clean. Although on the 101, rooms do not have traffic noise. Was provided an extra key at 12am when locked out.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
The Old West Inn
#5 of 8 in Willits
No photo provided
Edgewood Motel
#6 of 8 in Willits

Been to Super 8 Willits? Share your experiences!