“Summer home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ridgewood Ranch

Ridgewood Ranch
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Willits
More attraction details
Owner description: This ranch was the final home of the legendary racehorse Seabiscuit.
White Mills, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Summer home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I grew up going to the ranch a couple of times a year to visit my fathers family. I would stay with one of my aunts or my grandmother. I always loved my time there. Going to the dining room with my cousins for a night time snack. Aunt Lorraine always made the best cakes and pies!!! I haven't been back in many years but did take my son for a week to show him the things I did growing up. Picking blackberries and always on the lookout for a herd of white deer among the cattle. I will go back again...to see my aunts, uncles and cousins. To raid the dining room walk in cooler...to show my girlfriend how I grew up in the country!!!

1 Thank Laurbee

San Francisco, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Enchanted Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

This ranch lies in a picturesque valley near the top of Ridgewood Summit just off of U.S. 101. The scenery takes your breath away! You can tour the Seabiscuit ranch (make reservations) and there is an RV campground there as well. There are white deer, mule deer, wild turkeys, jack rabbits, and coyotes easily spotted from the roads.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank calif4511
Willits, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great people and wonderful history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

The lovingly way they have kept the history of Seabiscuit alive is very special. The grounds are just beautiful and if possible take the time to look at the organic gardens.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sharon H
Willits, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nor-Cal un shared history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I went there with kids for a fieldtrip. The tour guide new all the history, the barn where seabiscuit lived is beautifully re-stored. The bio-Gardens was amazing!!

1 Thank Jennifer H
Willits, California
5 attraction reviews
“Seabiscuit Lore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

We have taken the Seabiscuit Tour several times and always enjoy it.