“Wonderful accommodations!!”
Review of Coho Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Willow Creek
Coho Cottages
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willow Creek
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Wonderful accommodations!!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed in the Promontory cabin overnight and wished we could have stayed longer. Such a beautiful cabin, so relaxing with our needs met with a lovely screened porch during the day and fireplace at night. Surprisingly quiet and set apart from the rest of town but not too far from Bigfoot Museum and other stops. A+ accommodations!

Room Tip: Promontory cabin was set slightly apart from other cabins.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place turned out to be much nicer than I expected from the web site especially given the remote location. The area's beautiful but these tiny towns don't always have the best accommodations.

The Coho property is very nice - quiet and secluded and very tranquil and pretty. The cabins are clean, cozy and modern and my unit had a kitchen with full dishes and cooking equipment. I especially liked that they provide things like olive oil and spices. Plus there's a garden on the property where you can pick vegetables and herbs for your meals! How cool is that!

We were only staying one night so we didn't take advantage of the cooking facilities, which turned out to be a mistake... The restaurant options in Willow Creek are not very good. If I'm ever back in the area I will definitely stay at Coho Cottages but will plan on cooking.

My cottage had a screened porch which is a great place to hang out on warm summer evenings. There's a huge Jacuzzi tub and a walk in shower - both amazing! And the bed was very comfortable...

My only complaint is that they should provide instructions for the heat and a/c. The heat (wall gas fireplace) control said heat and cool but only worked the heat. The a/c is controlled by a separate remote that is mounted in the kitchen, away from the unit. I didn't find it until the next morning so all night long, the heat and a/c were fighting each other to keep the room comfortable.

That said, Coho Cottages is the bomb!

Room Tip: Promontory is nice as it's at the back of the property and there's a nice spot out the door...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We loved this quiet little spot in Humboldt County. Our cabin was roomy, clean, modern upgrades and well stocked in the kitchen for cooking needs. It's a quiet location just off the main drag and walking distance to a grocery store, coffee shop and couple restaurants. Perfect spot for a relaxing getaway. No complaints. I should note that the management was MIA our entire stay, which may be an issue for some people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather_L901
Coho_Cottages, Owner at Coho Cottages, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Hello Heather! Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to offer a unique getaway for our guests that leaves you feeling refreshed and relaxed. Please note that we, and our staff, all live within minutes of the cabins and are always just a phone call away if you need us and we're not onsite. Meeting the needs of our guests while still offering you your privacy and the freedom to enjoy your surroundings without interference is a high priority. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you return in the future.

Kind Regards,

Marc & Londa Rowley
Owners, Coho Cottages
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great Place, well appointed free standing buildings/cottages.
Awesome screened in porch with day bed and BBQ set up. Spent most of time out there.
Beautiful room, spa tub, giant shower, heated floors,Mach fireplace , large grass yard, walk five minutes to local Grocer for food. Produce, Meat, Wine etc.

Kids play park, walk 10 minutes down the hill . Slides, sandbox,swings, climbing
Etc. And Frisbee Golf too.

Great for romantic and Familly too.

40 miles to Arcata (Hippie town) on the Coast. Shops, Hippies, Food, more Hippies, Weirdos , Old town Charm, , boutique shops, coffe, farmers market and things like this.

Back to Coho:
Very friendly: knew my name as I pulled up. Based on Email communication .
Good people.

Four stars here, because:
Hot tub faucet came apart, in my hands.
Had to tighten while hot water was pouring out onto the floor .. They fixed it the next morning.

Pricey, but worth it, based on amenities and location to town.

Highly recommend , Matthew Lodi Ca.

• Stayed April 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2013

What a gem. Clean, functional, comfortable, unique, - awesome place. We stayed overnight for a fishing trip and the beds were extremely comfortable, great little place that is hidden out of way. Nice porches on some of the cottages. Setting is great. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. I heard other fishermen talking about some cheap motel they stayed in and I was glad we stayed here

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tribesman5398
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Best place to be if you like a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend. We wished we could have stayed more than 2 days. I'm glad I found it online and turned out to be everything I thought it would be. We stayed in Village Cabin and it was perfect. It was nice and comfortable and was big enough to accommodate my husband, our baby and me. The bathroom was awesome! The rain shower head was wonderful. It was nice to soak in the claw foot tub; a great way to wind down the day. Having a BBQ grill was a big plus too! My husband made some yummy steaks on it. I really wish we could rent out the whole place and have family and friends there. Would be a great place for a reunion. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tnk23
Anderson, California
Reviewed 3 January 2013

WOW! What a wonderful find! My husband and I were on our way back from visiting our kids in Eureka. We wanted to stay one night in a nice, romantic spot. Unfortunately, every hotel and B and B we tried on the coast were booked. (end of December, night before New Year's Eve). My husband went online and found the Coho Cottages. I was skeptical, as it sounded too good to be true. What a beautiful cottage! We stayed in the "Promontory". It stood off by itself on an overlook of the river. You walk in through a screened in porch with a large barbecue and comfy looking daybed. The inside was warm and welcoming with a gas fireplace, huge king bed with soft, cushy comforter and small kitchenette. The bath was amazing, with heated tile floors and large Jacuzzi tub. The separate shower was large with huge soak-er head for a totally luxurious, steamy shower. The glycerine soaps and Rusk Sensories Shampoos and lotions made one feel even more pampered. Truly wonderful and relaxing. The music from the satellite TV was playing softly as we entered, and set the mood beautifully for a perfect evening. Only downside at all was the noise the refrigerator made on defrost cycle in the middle of the night, and the sound of an occasional vehicle going by on the highway. What a neat find! In the morning, we stopped at the Fry's Market on the corner for a few groceries and made a gourmet breakfast on the barbecue. I could have stayed for days....The hostess was very helpful and when I called in a panic after leaving a wool coat and some shoes, reassured me that she would put them aside so our son could retrieve them on his way to visit in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the ads saying you have to book 30 days in advance. At least try, you may ge...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Coho_Cottages, Owner at Coho Cottages, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Hello! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Coho Cottages. It is our highest priority to make sure that each guest has a welcoming and memorable experience. We appreciate you notifying us about the noise that the refrigerator was making and upon examination we found that it was indeed in need of attention. Each comment that we receive like this is taken very seriously, and please know that the appliance has been replaced with a new refrigerator/freezer unit so that in the future the only noises you may hear in the middle of the night are those produced by nature (not machine). We enjoyed having you as guests and hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Creek
Days Inn & Suites Arcata
Ramada Arcata
Ramada Arcata
#9 of 10 in Arcata

Been to Coho Cottages? Share your experiences!