“Stay at the Baymont Instead”
Review of Travelodge Willows

Travelodge Willows
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Willows
California
“Stay at the Baymont Instead”
Reviewed 29 May 2008

Hotel is falling down, roof looks terrible, a wall was apparently crashed into. Inside of room is better, but renovations were haphazard. Desperately needs a facelift from the outside.
Best part about hotel is the full breakfast, which seems out of place among the disrepair of the hotel.
Baymont is right next door, way nicer and better buy for the money.
Will NOT stay here again.

• Liked — full breakfast
  • Disliked — hotel conditions were terrible
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank matesone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
California
Reviewed 3 March 2008

I had stayed at this hotel two years ago and had a neutral experience, and so chose it again for one night during a birding trip because of its convenient location. The room I got this time had a worn out feel to it, from a highly pilled bedspread and drooping curtain to remnants of old wallpaper trim still stuck to the wall in places. The light next to the bed hummed. Also, the room had poor sound-proofing. In addition to hearing the traffic on I-5, I could hear the people in the next room talking, and the alarm clock in the room on the other side of me sounded like it was going off in my room. The breakfast offered is ample, but everything is served on or in styrofoam with plastic cutlery. I think they could at least use paper plates instead of styrofoam. Finally, the housekeeping maid knocked on the door at 9:00 a.m. while I was in the bathroom. She had opened the door to let herself in before I could even get to the door! I will not return to this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor upkeep and housekeeping service
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank CA_Traveler_007

Travellers are raving about these Willows hotels

West Coast
Reviewed 18 September 2007

Staying in small towns is always dicey when it comes to expecting CLEAN hotel rooms. Thanks to an earlier review I requested a room in the newer section. While waiting for my turn a guest (on his return trip) didn't have power in his room (the 100 section) and requested the room he stayed in on his original trip.

I walked into my room (#236) and the floor had crumbs and debris in front of the door. I went no further and requested another room.

Room #221 had footprints all over the bathroom. The rest of the room was acceptable. I was tired after an 11 hour drive and accepted this room but voiced my complaint. I noticed after my shower the sink had a used bar of soap. Obviously, someone had used this bathroom and therefore, dirty floors (?) The bathmat was also flithy as if someone took a shower with their boots on!

The room, for whatever reason, was not comfortable. I only got 3 hours of sleep.

The staff, upon check out was very nice and allowed me access to the coffee pot before 6 am. Missing breakfast was nothing to miss.

I would NOT stay here again! I was trying to avoid staying in Redding; however, I'll settle for Redding next time!

• Liked — Can't think of a thang!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank Me_and_my_dawg
Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2007

Not a good experience.
The Door stuck and was very noisy. It was hard to open and close.
Air Conditioner was not good. Hard to adjust.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Door and Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dfeph
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2007

We have stayed at the Golden Pheasant several times a year for the past five or so years, since it is half way between our home in Oregon and our daughter's home in Southern Calivornia. On our recent one-night stay it was as satisfactory as ever. We had a king bed room with the usual large bathroom. Everything was clean and updated and quite comfortable. The view out into the garden is very relaxing. Dinner at the Mexican restaurant on the grounds was reasonably priced. ONE TIP: be sure to ask for a room in the NEW wing -- i.e., one of the "200" numbered rooms rather than the "100" ones.

• Liked — Location, price and setting.
  • Disliked — No reading lights at each bedside.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JOHN & GRETCHEN M
Oreogn
Reviewed 27 May 2007

We checked into the Golden Pheasant today - the desk clerk was very friendly and perfect in demeanor in welcoming us. Our room is a 2-queen bed type with refrigerator, microwave, VCR, FREE INTERNET, patio with lawn chairs and it is spacious. Across the street is a Black Bear Diner, Denny's, Burger King & others are close by. We are pulling a truck and trailer and the parking lot has plenty of room for us - we actually were able to park outside of our room. Is it a perfect place? No, but we would stay here again. The value is excellent for this older property and the location right off of I-5 is easy.

• Liked — Free internet, location
  • Disliked — Exterior maintenance
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 5 February 2007

We are a retired couple who take 3 or 4 major trips each year. We are Best Western Gold Crowne Club members and stay in 4 or more Best Western hotels each year. We've always had positive experiences with this hotel chain. We booked the Golden Pheasant Inn for a one-night stay because it was the mid-way point on our car trip from Palm Springs to Portland. Having read the mostly negative Tripadvisor reviews on the Golden Pheasant Inn, we phoned the hotel directly and asked for a newly renovated room. We were promised this, and upon arrival were pleased to find a very large room, clean and tastefully decorated, with a sliding door opening onto a patio adjoining a nice park area. We were surprised however to find that the "hotel" was really a very large motel composed totally of one-storey units joined at the sides to other units as usual. We went for supper to a very good restaurant across the street and then returned to the motel to have a shower. There was no hot water, however, the front desk clerk said a repair person was on the job and the problem would be fixed that evening. At 10:00 the water was still cold so we went to bed, planning to have a shower when we got up. We were awake until 2:00 because the uninsulated walls allowed us to hear the television and normal converation of the people in the adjoining unit.
At 4:00 in the morning my wife went to the bathroom and discovered that there was no electricity. The unit was pitch black with no emergency lighting available. She flailed around in the large bathroom, trying to find the separate toilet room, and ended up trapped in a cupboard. She finally accomplished her mission and then we decided to stay in bed for another couple of hours because the temperature in the room was just above freezing and we couldn't see to get dressed or pack our bags. At 6:30 am, the power came on and I went to the front desk. The clerk, who had come on shift at 11:00 pm said she had been told nothing about the hot water problem the previous evening. She said she had blown up the main computer while trying to get it re-booted. She gave me a key to check another room for hot water but there was no good news there. I asked her where the manager was during this crisis and I was told that, "she's home having a hot shower." I then asked if the free "expanded" continental breakfast was ready. The clerk said there was no food available because of the power outage. We left at 7:00 am, 2 hours later than planned, with no food, no good night's sleep, no shower and no contact with the manager. Enough said --- Most hotels in the Third World are better than the Golden Pheasant Inn at Willows, CA. It's a hicksville operation. Stay there only if your car breaks down outside their front door.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ronk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willows
Baymont Inn & Suites Willows
#1 of 1 in Orland
Motel 6 Willows
Motel 6 Willows
#4 of 8 in Willows

Been to Travelodge Willows? Share your experiences!