“Nice clean rooms”
Review of Travelodge Willows

Travelodge Willows
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Thank you very clean rooms, very friendly staff. Good breakfast will stop again

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2010

Over the last few years, this hotel has gone from being a decent Best Western to an awful (terrible, horrible, revolting - insert the adjective of your choice) Travelodge. If you like freeway noise, disgusting smells, unclean rooms and a general lack of any redeeming features, this is the place for you. I've had to change rooms more than once in the middle of the night, and plain refused to check in once, having seen the room. Now I stay at the Holiday Inn Express (same owners, weirdly) just up the road. It's a few more dollars, but a whole different experience...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank GJOS
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Horrible, just horrible. We unfortunately forgot about the rooms in the 100 numbers being old. But I wasn't expecting to walk into the bug room. A roach went in lightning speed along the carpet. Okay one bug, this is an old hotel. But then another, and when I moved the waste can another of a different species. I called to let the front know and when they said come back to the room and we'll give you a new room key I picked up my bag noticing a silverfish right on the bed. Mind you I had taken off the sheets to check for bedbugs. So it might have been in one of the layers. Gross.

There is one comment from 2008 that someone mentioned it looked like someone drove into the wall. That's STILL there. The new room was okay until day two when either the bug attached itself to me or happened to be in the bathroom but another cockroach was found in the 200 number rooms. Needless to say I told my boyfriend never again. The front desk didn't dare ask us about our stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Langelah
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Unhappy doesn't describe our experience. We also find it unsettling that you do not have a main customer service phone number to call. You are advertising your hotel under Best Western for one, so we were shocked when we arrived at our location and couldn't find our Best Western motel. We called the Best Western in Willows, CA phone number, but Travel Lodge answered the phone! We decided to stay because Willows was our destination city for that evening, June 30, 2010 and did not know what lay ahead. The place looked run down from our last stay (as a Best Western). The lights in the room were dim, and it didn't feel fresh. After dinner at the nearby restaurant, we went back to the room to watch some TV and found that the remote was old and did not work, had some blue tape over the back where the battery should be, so we called the desk, and was informed we could move to another room! We told the young woman that "no" we would not move to another room, and maybe she could find us a working remote from another room. About 9:30 we had a new remote brought to the room by an employee. That night we turned up the air conditioning because the room wasn't cooling off. It turned out there was NO AIRCONDITIONING and we sweltered all night - not good to have a bad night’s sleep when you will be driving a couple of hundred miles the next day. The bathroom had dried brown drips on the wall in a corner, that might have been dried urine, and a little spider crawled into a crack in the wall. I turned on the water for the shower, anyway, and a big silverfish came scurrying out of the wall where the tub faucet is located. Despite that I proceeded to take a shower and when I got out of the tub, there was a huge black and brown spider IN THE TUB who apparently came for a drink. Don't know if it was poisonous, but it looked like a fiddle-back spider. We were charged $87.99 for the horrific stay at your Travel Lodge. I spoke to the women in charge at checkout, and she took down our complaints, saying the owner/manager would credit us a discounted rate. Of course, we have heard nothing from them. You are ruining your reputation. You are bamboozling your customers, pretending to be a Best Western, and grossly overcharging customers for a despicable stay. There are other terrible accounts regarding this same motel all over the internet. Please send us a refund. We did not receive $87.99 worth of a clean, healthy, pleasant nights stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel91784
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We've stayed at this hotel several times over the last ten years. Many years ago when it was still a Best Western we really liked it. However, we had been warned the quality had dropped dramatically, and when every other hotel in Willows was booked up, we had no other choice but the Travelodge. It was as bad as we had read in online reviews. Upon walking into the room it was so heavily perfumed I knew they were trying to cover up something. After being in the room for an hour we realized there was a musty smell and slight dampness to the carpet. Given that the door wouldn't stay closed if you tried to lock it from the outside, we bet it was left open during a rain. I opened up a drawer and immediately closed it because of a foul stench. The patio door wouldn't open to the grassy courtyard. There were about 8 or 10 rooms being occupied by other family members at the same time. At least 3 of them did not have working heaters. One of them had a clogged toilet and when they called the front desk they were told they had no maintenance service and to come up to the front desk for a plunger! The front desk then did call back to say THEY would deliver the plunger (but would not do the plunging...). There was not enough hot water for warm showers the next morning. If you ever need to stay in or near Willows and the town's hotels are booked - stay in another town, like Williams. We did once and that was fine. The only two positive things iI can say is there is a lot of grass for running around on and it is within walking distance of many restaurants. We will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank moondrool
Reviewed 29 May 2008

Hotel is falling down, roof looks terrible, a wall was apparently crashed into. Inside of room is better, but renovations were haphazard. Desperately needs a facelift from the outside.
Best part about hotel is the full breakfast, which seems out of place among the disrepair of the hotel.
Baymont is right next door, way nicer and better buy for the money.
Will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank matesone
Reviewed 3 March 2008

I had stayed at this hotel two years ago and had a neutral experience, and so chose it again for one night during a birding trip because of its convenient location. The room I got this time had a worn out feel to it, from a highly pilled bedspread and drooping curtain to remnants of old wallpaper trim still stuck to the wall in places. The light next to the bed hummed. Also, the room had poor sound-proofing. In addition to hearing the traffic on I-5, I could hear the people in the next room talking, and the alarm clock in the room on the other side of me sounded like it was going off in my room. The breakfast offered is ample, but everything is served on or in styrofoam with plastic cutlery. I think they could at least use paper plates instead of styrofoam. Finally, the housekeeping maid knocked on the door at 9:00 a.m. while I was in the bathroom. She had opened the door to let herself in before I could even get to the door! I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business