“Very large portions,a VERY large variety almost too large.”

Willows Black Bear Diner
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Willows
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have always found Blk Bear to be very good,takes a little more time lots of choices to make, I have never had a bad meal at a Blk Bear :)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Let me explain the title. Upon entering this great diner, I felt like I was stepping off the grid, and into a very quaint and inviting environment that was not just seconds from a freeway, but maybe miles from crowds and cars and all my nervous tension simply vanished by the second. The ambience was that of a 50's diner meets log cabin. The music was 50's/60's. Loved that. But getting to the breakfast!! OMG!!! I am not a big "meat-eater", not at all. BUT, I heard great things about Black Bear and actually ordered the beefiest thing I saw on the menu (which was smartly printed in a small-town newspaper style, and which had local history on it's front page and throughout..I loved that!)
Let me tell you when my plate came to me I was taken aback, frightened even, by the size of it. I ordered the corned-beef hash and eggs breakfast. It was delightful to the taste-buds, and filling to my tummy. I could not finish as it was obviously built for a man!! But I gave it the old college try. It was very satisfying, and I wasn't even thinking of eating again for a good 5-6 hours. I know it may sound like I am exaggerating, and so I will let you decide. BUT I highly recommend this place. 5 points

2  Thank Roxann P
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have eaten at Black Bear locations in the past, so we certainly knew what to expect in terms of the type of food being offered and the size of the portions. Most dishes seem to be large enough that they could be shared between two people. That being said, we noticed that most people seemed to be eat all that they were given. There was a nice friendly atmosphere in the restaurant where many of the patrons seemed to know each other and the servers. To be fair, most of the servers seemed to be caring, friendly and welcoming. Sadly, we didn't have one of those servers. Our server did bring the menu , she did take our order, she did bring our food and she did bring the bill. There are so many things she could have done that she didn't. The service was terrible. We did leave a tip, but we shouldn't have left one. We enjoyed our food, but we didn't enjoy our dining experience.

1  Thank greenspratley
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We've eaten family dinners at Black Bear Diners as we vacationed throughout the west, and it felt like coming home visiting this one in Willows. The food was American comfort food, bounteous and familiar, the beer was cold, and the staff was friendly. One of the better chains along I-5.

2  Thank JC-OMCA
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I usually only write 5 Star reviews, but I have to let people know to skip this one. I should not have eaten that hamburger, because it just didn't smell ok, My husband ordered garlic fries with his, and there was so much garlic on it, it was almost inedible. I felt bad for the waitress. Sorry, guys, but when you own or run a restaurant you are selling food. It needs to be fresh, it needs to tasty, and it needs to be clean, Otherwise, think of another way to make a living that makes better use of your skills.

1  Thank Jeanne M