“Much better this time”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Santa Cruz
“Much better this time”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

As I stated in my last review of this Motel 6, I was not going to base my future needs on one visit that was not up to par.
Im glad I didnt. This visit was much better and they have certainly made some efforts to liven the places up a bit. Our room was clean with no noteable issues. Check in was a breeze and the gentleman who checked us in (sorry, forgot his name) was easy to talk with and made sure to ask if there was anything else they could do for us.
Thanks for a nice stay !!!

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room....I would suggest a 2nd floor room. We did get some noise from the room...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Upon my arrival miss Sarah T helped me out right away and made sure everything was to my liking. Normally I don't enjoy hotels but because of Sarah making sure I basically felt at home, I wouldn't mind coming back. I must say Sarah went above and beyond with her job.

• Stayed October 2011
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The motel was very busy as I arrived but Sarah behind the desk was very cheerful and helpful to everyone. I walked in an couldn't believe how nice it was. I'd had 3 weeks on the road from Vancouver, CA to San Francisco and back, just stopping wherever I felt like it and I was mainly staying at Motel 6 as it seemed to be the most reasonable motel chain. This was the best by far and I wished I'd had more time to stay more than the one night. Within half an hour of arriving Sarah was on the phone just checking that everything was to my liking. Nice touch. Food is very close, the Chinese Restaurant was very good and that was about 30 steps away. This motel is also pet friendly and I intend visiting this motel again with my dog once I have moved to the States. Well done to the staff, it was very clean, comfortable and very pleasant.

Room Tip: I asked for a bath and was given the special needs room with wheelchair access. I don't know abo...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This Motel 6 is one of the better ones I have stayed at. Clean, friendly staff and Sarah the desk clerk is friendly and very helpful. It has a modern decor with a relaxing and cheery color scheme, with bare wood floors. Rooms are equiped with a micro range and fridge and flat screen TV's. It is located off Hwy. 5 and has 6 restaurants, starbucks and fast food restaurants all within 5 minute walk or less. The house keeping staff is on the ball and the rooms and grounds are well maintained. A two minute drive to the western side of the Hwy. is a walmart in case you have forgotton something on your trip. I have used this motel at least 30X's in the last 6 months and have yet to be disappointed. Prices a very reasonable. The wifi is free. Great value for the money. This Motel 6 is priced higher than other Hotels in the Accor chain, But the clientele is of a better class. Very quite! I especially appreciate the wood floors as I have some allergies.

Room Tip: Upper level floors are quiter due to the wood floors.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Crescent City, California
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is the quietest Motel 6 I have stayed in. It was clean and the decor was cheery. I liked the laminate floor, I felt it was cleaner than the carpet in many motels.

Wifi was free, but so slow that it was almost unusable.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Vernon
Reviewed 29 December 2011

After traveling for hours we stopped at this motel for the night. The desk clerk Nici. Was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. We have stayed at many motels and this is one of the nicest places we have stayed on our holiday. When we had trouble getting the Internet my husband took my Ipadto her and she had us up and running right away. We highly recommend this motel with it's friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: When you stop to eat ask about the local hotel/motels
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy B
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We travel up and down I-5 frequently and stay at Motel 6 properties for the economy and reliability. The Willows Motel 6 is in a completely different category. It was up-scale in it's decor, check out the picture above. Unlike other 6's the bathroom fan and light were on different switches, the sink was outside the WC, the heating/air unit was super efficient and quite, there was a large flat screen TV, the room has floor covering that is cleaner than carpet, and the coffee was very good. They are environmentally conscious. Draw backs: no electrical outlet in WC for night light, mattresses, despite being pillow tops very overly firm for out old bones. One more positive was Sarah, the desk clerk. She was very helpful and attentive. Overall it was a surprisingly different Motel 6 experience.

Room Tip: don't know
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willows
Best Western Willows Inn
Orland Inn
Orland Inn
#1 of 1 in Orland
The Inn at Rolling Hills

Been to Motel 6 Willows? Share your experiences!