“surprisingly comfortable!”
Review of Motel 6 Willows

Motel 6 Willows
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I must admit I walked into this with low expectations. I haven't stayed at a Motel 6 since I was a kid, and my vague recollection was that it was kind of dumpy and cookie cutter. But after seeing positive reviews on this and yelp, we thought we'd give the Willows Motel 6 a shot (despite the fact that it was a little more expensive than other Motel 6s). I have to say, low expectations aside, I really liked this place.

We were on a long west coast roadtrip, and we rolled up around 9. We had made the reservations an hour prior on Booking.com, and when I tried to check in, the woman at the front desk (Sarah) couldn't find my reservation. At other hotels, I've had them get quite rude to me when this happens (and it has. A couple of times). Sarah was great. She was cool, positive and upbeat, She did some troubleshooting, figured out the problem, and solved it right away.

The rooms were surprisingly cool. They looked like someone with some interesting taste bought an old cookie cutter Motel 6 and decided to jazz it up. The room had a retro-modern vibe with this 70s color scheme.

The rooms aren't high class or anything, but they have this clever "Extreme Home Makeover" class-on-a-budget homemade feel to it. The decorating choices in the rooms (and even the construction) were made from budget materials, but the way they were put together took the room from "standard chain hotel" to something memorable and charming. Kudos to the owners, it feels like the place has a lot of love put into it. (And front desk clerk Sarah commented that she wanted to someday own the place, which added to the sense that the employees really love it and take good care of it).

Overall, it was a great stay for the price. The place had fantastic charm. I couldn't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diebs13

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here based on TA reviews and would say the they were accurate. It has been some time since we have stayed at a Motel 6, but this was all positive. Room was slightly "austere", but comfortably furnished, bed was good, it was spotless as was bathroom and quiet. Rates substantially below other motels along 101 in CA. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Here every time we hit ThunderHill raceway. Great rooms, prices are right. Safe parking, nothing to worry about here.

Of course the girls are a blast to chat with when we checkin! Receive calls to verify you will be arriving before they give up a room, a HUGE plus for me!

Room Tip: All are great! No worries
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bigb849
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've stayed at a few motels in Willows for track days at Thunderhill. I must say that this Motel 6 is by far the nicest I've stayed at. The beds were very new and everything was recently refurnished. The price was the same or similar to the hotels around it.

I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed in this Motel 6 while traveling south with my cat. I chose it because of the comments on the internet regarding the remodeling that had been done, it's proximity to I5, and they accept pets. The motel is very nicely remodeled, clean, comfortable and very suitable for those traveling with pets. It is not fancy but practical and very nice for people with frightened animals which may try to hide under furniture. They cannot get under the furniture in this motel. It was quiet and, after a full day of driving, I got a very good night's sleep. The bed was great! The desk clerk greeted me with a smile and was very helpful. I have stayed in many motels where pets are accepted and this is, by far, the best, even of those with much higher prices. I will certainly stay there the next time I travel through that section of CA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Snowbirdk2010
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nice, clean, modern, updated look & services. Large flat screen tv with computer hook ups and free wifi. The desk attendant, Amber is helpful & courteous. Nice clean pet area. Motel is within walking distance to many restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank rapinac
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Driving by town on my way to Washington, stopped for the night. This Motel 6 is probably the best I've seen. Clean, new furniture, and very reasonable rates.

We arrived late and the staff was able to very quickly get us a room for the night, no hassle. Definitely would stay again, if I ever had to stop in Willows again.

• Stayed: September 2013