Blue Gum Motel
US$78
Super 8 Willows(Willows)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrose busheshighwaymotellandscapingflooringdesk
Reviewed 1 October 2008

What a find! Thank you Trip Advisor, and those before me that wrote such descriptive, positive reviews. The Blue Gum Motel lives up to all of the good things written. On my way to Oregon from So. Calif. it was the perfect spot for my overnight stay, and I would definitely stay there for an extended amount of time if Willows was my destination. The wonderful experience began with my phone call to make a reservation, was even better (if that's possible) at check-in, and continued through a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed, nice clean room, and lovely surroundings. The owner is so very sweet , sincerely caring and helpful...like having a concierge at the Blue Gum. Many, many thanks...I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2008

This motel is great. My husband and I live in Chico california and we have stayed at the Blue Gum Motel for every special occasion since we have been married. This motel is on the out skirts of town, quiet, peaceful and very accomodating to the fishing we enjoy doing in the area. The staff is very friendly, always welcoming my husband and I no matter what time we check in. We stay at this motel on our birthdays, anniversaries or whatever we have going on that's a special occasion for us. We stay at the blue gum sometimes just to go and get away from home to be alone. The Blue Gum has many memories in our past and will continue to be great memories in our future to come. This motel has charm of it's own and I would recommend to anyone the Blue Gum Motel if I were to be asked where is the best place to stay in the willows area.
Gary and Renee Roberts

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tazzerina
Reviewed 27 June 2008

We decided to use the Blue Gum as our stopping point on the drive to Southern California. I needed two rooms and really just wanted a place to lay our weary heads for the night. Reviews from Trip Advisor led us to choose the Blue Gum, as I was frankly curious as to whether it did indeed have the charm people have mentioned, or really was just old and run down.

This is a unique little motel, that's for sure. I'd love to have seen it in its hey-day with the restaurant bustling, but do agree that the charm is still there. It's a bit like stepping into yesteryear. There are no computer systems on site ~ reservations were taken by hand. The lady at the desk was sweet and accomodating. I smiled at the coffee, measured into a little plastic cup for the coffee pot in the morning. If you can laugh at yourself, smile at unusual surroundings, and enjoy a bit of whimsy on a trip, you'll like this place.

On the up side, the rooms are a nice size, the pool is large, the place was certainly quiet, and it was very inexpensive. It felt a bit like stepping back into another era, which I enjoyed. On the down side, this is no luxury hotel, nor is it even the Motel 6. The carpets are worn, the colors are outdated, the furniture has been there a loooong time, and it's clear that this motel's glory days are behind it. Even so, we stayed again on our way home, and we'll likely do it again next time we make the drive to Southern California.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank sarahmakes6
Reviewed 1 June 2008

We are a race team and we couldnt of found a better place to stay. After a long day at a noisey race track it was great to come back to the Blue Gum Motel and just relax. We enjoyed listening to the birds and watching the beaver play in the river next to the hotel. We are sure to return the next time we are there for a race. Our hosts were wonderful and friendly and keep a very clean motel. Thank you for our great experience there..From the Leo Motorsports Team!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank leomotorsports
Reviewed 17 April 2008

My husband, daughter and I recently stayed at the Blue Gum Motel. We have stayed in Willows a few times and have been very disappointed by the hotels/motels there. They are close to the freeway and seem to be dirty. Staying at the Blue Gum was a MUCH better experience. The location is "off the beaten path"...so it is very quiet without the interstate traffic. The rooms are great (and spacious) for only 40.00 a night!! Although the rooms are in need of being updated...they are still clean. There is also a nice pool in front. I would highly recommend going to the Blue Gum...we definitely will again!

• Stayed: March 2008