“The place to stay when going to Thunder Hill”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Fremont, California
“The place to stay when going to Thunder Hill”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I spent two nights here and I'm going back. For the money, it can't be beat. Clean as a whistle. Comfy bed. Working AC. Easy to get to. Low prices. Plenty of hot water. Pleasant staff. I've stayed in $500 a night hotels for business, but when it's my money, this is where the value is. Don't even bother with the Holiday Inn Express. Why pay twice as much just for a free breakfast?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank J S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bakersfield,ca
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My brother was graduating from Chico State this past Saturday and I waited until the last minute to book a room. Everything in Chico was booked and the nearest place with a room was in Willows. This was the last room available and I was very lucky to get it. I got in around midnight and the owner had waited up to check me in. He treated me by my first name at the door and his wife had fresh towels waiting. The only room left was a smoking room but the owner told me he had tried very hard to get it nice and clean for me. The area felt safe and the room was a great price! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Prineville
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I make a couple of trips a year to Southern California and have stayed at most of the motels in Willows but have never been satisfied until now. This is a diamond in the rough. Bed very comfortable and since I was recovering from a broken back it was very important to me. Very clean inside and out, the nicest people you could ever meet. Pet friendly. We will return again and again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn M
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We make a two-day trip south to visit family every year or two. Red Bluff is the halfway point for our trip, but we won't be stopping there anymore. This year, we drove another hour down the road and found this little gem. It's well worth the couple of miles it takes to get to it. It's quiet, clean, comfortable, and inexpensive. And they offer free wi-fi!

And here's a wonderful thing that isn't considered much, but had a large effect, at least for me. The heating/cooling system at Economy Inn is fabulous! Most motels have a system that has settings of high, low, and off, and that's it. I can rarely get the temperature right for me, and they're often loud enough to disturb my sleep. The system at Economy Inn has an easy-to-use thermostat in each room that you can set to a specific temperature, and the unit is much quieter than most. I got a great night's sleep! We'll definitely stop here on our next trip down the I-5 corridor.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Tawnia M
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 11 April 2011

The Economy Inn is certainly unassuming on the outside, but we were pleasantly surprised by the service, our room, and the wonderful smell coming from the adjacent bakery. We came into town for a birthday party at the nearby Thunderhill Raceway Park and stayed for two nights. The room was comfy, very clean, and quiet. The bathroom was large and clean (though only a shower was available). The double bed was comfortable and the pillows were good. I could hear the TV next door, but only just barely and it didn't keep me awake. In all, it was a good sleeping experience, though certainly not the 5-star hotel experience. If you're looking for a more than decent hotel in Willows at a terrific price, this is it! :-)

Note: The hotel staff even volunteered and provided a basket of flowers to the guest of honor for the birthday party I was attending (he has been a good customer and they were glad to recognize his birthday).

Room Tip: Room 102 was good...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2010

You have to go a little out of your way to find this one, but my husband and I thought the extra drive away from the cluster of motels right off the freeway was well worth it. The motel owner was very friendly, the price was right, the room had some vintage furniture and the shower took its time to heat up but it was clean and cozy. If you're looking for an affordable place to spend the night on the way to Napa, this is it!

• Stayed April 2011
CAMPBELL
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I needed a hotel that could accommodate a large group as I was leading a birding trip throughout the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex. I had stayed at different hotels in the area over the years and ran into issues with highway noise and noisy late night trucks. The Economy Inn was very quiet and away from the hustle-bustle of the interstate. They took great care of the entire group and provided very clean rooms at an affordable price. Our early morning departure was easy and we were only a few miles directly down the street from the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge. I recommend the hotel to all and encourage birders to use the Inn for your winter birding hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willows
Baymont Inn & Suites Willows
Orland Inn
Orland Inn
#1 of 1 in Orland
The Inn at Rolling Hills

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!