“Birders Bargain”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Oregon
“Birders Bargain”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

The Economy Inn was a quiet friendly older motel located close to the Sacramento Wildlife Refuge. The facility was well maintained with an excellent heating system. The innkeepers were responsive and gracious. I stayed here for two days and will return in several weeks for bird watching. I would recommend this hotel for birders on a budget and anybody else looking for a quiet clean place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northern California
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

The innkeepers here are very nice and friendly.
The motel is nice and quiet, off the beaten path. The room was clean, has microwave and refrigerator. Also, thermostat controlled AC, which is a must in this area.
It's a little ways off the freeway, and not far from all the food places.
We would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The staff called me to say I had left my car door wide open with my purse on the seat. I was preoccupied and hadn't even noticed. Also they came to my room several times to help me with the television remote control. Overall I was very impressed by their helpfulness.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank trip20r
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Excellent value and service! We came with three children (under the age of 8) on a trip from Seattle to San Diego. We were happy with the owner's kindness, service and room's cleanliness. The hotel is off main freeway (less noise) and easy to find. The owner explained the air conditioning and TV unit well and was very helpful with travel suggestions. It is an older hotel (pool filled in), but perfect for our quick stop.

• Stayed June 2012
Willows, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Extremely clean, all the amenities I needed for my 3 night stay. Staff was very friendly and thoughtful. The beds were the best I have slept in at a motel in years.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Fremont, California
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I spent two nights here and I'm going back. For the money, it can't be beat. Clean as a whistle. Comfy bed. Working AC. Easy to get to. Low prices. Plenty of hot water. Pleasant staff. I've stayed in $500 a night hotels for business, but when it's my money, this is where the value is. Don't even bother with the Holiday Inn Express. Why pay twice as much just for a free breakfast?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank J S
Bakersfield,ca
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My brother was graduating from Chico State this past Saturday and I waited until the last minute to book a room. Everything in Chico was booked and the nearest place with a room was in Willows. This was the last room available and I was very lucky to get it. I got in around midnight and the owner had waited up to check me in. He treated me by my first name at the door and his wife had fresh towels waiting. The only room left was a smoking room but the owner told me he had tried very hard to get it nice and clean for me. The area felt safe and the room was a great price! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willows
Baymont Inn & Suites Willows
Orland Inn
Orland Inn
#1 of 1 in Orland
The Inn at Rolling Hills

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!