“Willows Days Inn October 2012”

Best Western Willows Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Reviewed 10 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2012

First, it depends on what you are looking for when staying in Willows, which isn't glamorous. If you want to pay more and get more, stay at the Holiday Inn Express. But the Days Inn is where I/ we stay each time we go to Thunderhill Raceway nearby, and since we're looking for a good place to stay at a reasonable price, this is it. It gets our business because not only are the rooms clean and well-kept, are modern, have refrigerators/ microwaves, but the owners always remember us and are friendly, warm, and don't require payment in advance on the phone. I stay at a LOT of nice hotels so am very picky when staying "budget." We always stay on the second floor to avoid any noise, and there is a Starbucks literally a few steps away, open very early. This motel beats any other in town if you are looking for a good place to stay, rather than an adventure.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs on the South side to avoid noise from Starbucks and downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We needed a stopping point on our travel from WA to CA, this was the place we ended up as we couldnt drive any more. While it served a purpose for us, it is very out dated and not really clean. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly, though I would pass on this one next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimmer66
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This motel was clean, reasonable and the front desk was helpful. We forgot our cell phone charger in the room when we left. We called them to check on it, they found it and shipped within 2 days.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Room was clean and nice. Price was right. Front desk was friendly. Breakfast really isn't breakfast but there is a Starbucks next door.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel is in need of an update, but at least it's clean. Good wireless internet access, though. I actually slept very well all three nights I was here, so it gets a thumb's up.

Room Tip: Rooms 108 and 208 are the farthest from I-80. The room numbers increase as you move towards the free...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed one night at this location in early Dec, 2011. I typically stay at the very nice (& more expensive) nearby Holiday Inn Express, but they were sold out.
The room was clean & pleasant, about what one would expect from a 2 star motel.
The continental breakfast was rather weak.
The problem was the noise at night - this place is right next door to what might be described as a 18 wheeler truck "rest stop"...I really don't know what these trucks were doing there, but they came fairly frequently at what seemed all hours of the night.

Within a few minutes of arriving at my room, a truck came by and noisily parked about what seemed like 50-100 feet away from my room. I called the manager, and asked if this was a regular occurrence, but I didn't really understand his answer. I really should have been more assertive, and pressed him about the situation - but to my regret I didn't. (Since it's not within their property lines, there's really not much that he could do - BUT, I had explained to him previously upon making the reservation, and upon checking in, that I was looking for a relatively quiet room. And I did not receive one!
Well in the future, there are better places to stay - lesson learned here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank chuck-nov
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willows
Holiday Inn Express Willows
#2 of 17 in Chico
Motel 6 Willows
Motel 6 Willows
#3 of 8 in Willows

Been to Best Western Willows Inn? Share your experiences!