“Good price, good value”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Portland, Oregon
“Good price, good value”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We stayed here in route from Oregon to Yosemite and were pleased with the price and the value. This is not luxury of course but a good quality spacious room in a convenient location near I-5. The breakfast was quite adequate but you do have to carrt it to your room. We did have a problem with the electronic door lock and the first room we were given was not made up by the maid for reasons unknown to the front desk. Lots of parking and services near by.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northern California
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Winter birding in Northern California is terrific in Sacramento Wildlife Refuges along I-5. Stop-over in Willows is a good place to stay. Motel is clean, quiet & comfortable., Staff pleasant. Breakfast is standard fare: cereal, juice and toast. Coffeemaker in room. Rates are reasonable. This motel is next to a Super 8 that was having a "manager's special". I asked for the Super 8 price and got it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BirdingMaven
Pleasanton, CA
Reviewed 23 April 2010

I've stayed here a number of times in the last few years. Price is reasonable. The staff is always friendly and efficient, rooms are clean. This year, the towels are new...thicker than before. The pillows are also new and very comfortable. Now I don't have to bring my own! This place is also right next to Starbuck's. This is my favorite place to stay when I come for the races!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Livingston, California
Reviewed 13 April 2010

We have stayed here a couple of times and will return if we have the need to do so again. While the rooms was not spacious, there was adaquate room for our needs. We felt the security of the cleanliness when we walked in the room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I made phone reservations in Sept. for a Nov. stay, 2 king rooms and 1 room w/2 dbl beds. I knew it was to be a busy weekend, as we were going to race at Thunderhill. I sent an email the next day to confirm, and Danny sent an email in return, confirming my reservation and res. numbers. When we arrived, not only had the 4th night been eliminated, the room with 2 beds had turned into another king. Not acceptable, and the front desk claimed that had never been reserved. Then the staff wanted to CHARGE US for a rollaway bed in the 3rd king room! They knew they had us, as the other motels in town would also be full of racing teams. Finally, the front desk said they wouldn't charge us for the rollaway, it wasn't worth the $30 to them. However, they had to apply that credit towards the 4th night room, as there didn't seem to be a way for them to credit the CC.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The housekeepers did ignore my "Do Not Disturb" sign one day and cleaned anyway, which I thought odd...

I would probably stay there again, but ALWAYS call/email and reconfirm to make sure you get what you want. Therefore, I recommend this with caveats.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I read some reviews of this place and was a little afraid to try it, but it seemed to have the best reviews on the street. I believe there is a new manager or owner. The room is clean, the King bed very comfortable, the bathroom clean. We stayed one night and slept well. The continental breakfast was sparse, probably because it is a slack time and not too many patrons. There was no fruit in the fruit basket, nor juice in the juice machine. There are new bedspreads and some new flat screen T.V.s will be added. This area is suffering from a slow economy, and that is probably why the few patrons. We visit this area about once a year, and we will stay there again. We don't recommend the Bear Restaurant nearby, nor the Dennys. We wish we had gone to the Airport Cafe, which the mgmt. recommends & we didn't go. We've heard good reports about it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
So. Oregon
Reviewed 19 February 2009

My car broke down just south of Willows and I was pleased to see a Days Inn. The night man was very pleasant and the rate was competitive. I was pleased with the size, the decor and the furnishings in the room. It was a typical set up of bathroom area (toilet and shower), vanity counter outside the bath, small dressing area and the main bedroom portion. I had a king size bed with a sofa seating area adjacent. The room was clean and well lit.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Anyone wanting a clean, comfortable, affordable and safe place to stay in Willows - this is it!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willows
Holiday Inn Express Willows
#1 of 1 in Orland
River Valley Lodge
River Valley Lodge
#1 of 2 in Colusa

Been to Best Western Willows Inn? Share your experiences!