“Thus hotel delivers in cleanliness, service convenience.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Our stay with two kids in tow to visit family was very nice. The breakfast and coffee area were convenient. Location to nearby wineries & cute towns was a plus. San Francisco is only an hour & a half away.

• Stayed: April 2014
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

While we love our "wine tasters" we also love our family visitors! There's so much to do between the beaches, redwood forests and other natural destinations. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed in one of the suites. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I have stayed in many suites before, and just felt that these were on the small side, other than that, the hotel was very well maintained and the pool area was beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

I'm so glad you had a nice stay with us! You'll be happy to know that we have enhancements for the pool furniture on the way very soon! We are always looking for ways to increase the value of our hotel for our guests! We sure hope you hurry back!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was my 2nd trip to the area for a business meeting. I didnt like the hotel I stayed at last time, so I tried Hampton since it had good reviews. If you're not familiar with the area, Rt 101 is a highway and most hotels are on it. Not exactly wine country feel. This one's just a little jog off the main drag in a nicely designed shopping center with Pete's, Starbucks, frozen yogurt, restaurants, grocery etc. I asked for and checked into a quiet room at the end of the hall facing away from Rt 101. This hotel is not upscale but it makes a valliant attempt to be nicer than a Hampton Suites, and I was as happy there as in 4 star hotels. The room was very comfortable, I didn't hear a peep all night, the front desk was very friendly and helpful and the pool looked great for families. I'm not a breakfast person but they served a super breakfast -- omelets, oatmeal, waffles, fruit/yogurt, dry cereal, basic stuff but a lot of it. The cuter than cute town of windsor (which looks like a disney set complete with town green) is on the other side of 101 and has lots of (unchained) restaurant choices and a great candy/gelato store. Definitely go here if you want to get off the freeway. I took my group to Kin's restaurant and everyone liked it. If you're in a rush and don't have time to seek out less touristy wineries, Rodney Strong and Kendall Jackson wineries are a 5 minute drive (KJ south, RS north) and I enjoyed both for a quick Chard hit and run. In a nutshell, this hotel is hassle free, great location, nice rooms and service (room service was terrific) and a good choice for the santa rosa-windsor area. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your thoughtful, well-written review. I'm sure that your fellow travelers will find it useful. Oh and thanks for staying with us. We sure enjoy our wonderful guests. We love sharing smiles, hugs and occasional tears with them! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Extremely good value for your money in wine country. Close to everything. Large room and breakfast area was very nice. Complimentary wine tasting Fri. when we arrived. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Glad you enjoyed our Friday night wine tasting in the lobby. We try to rotate local wineries and offer our guests a nice variety of wines available in the area. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you hurry back!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We loved our stay at the Hampton in Windsor! The staff is great, the hotel is clean and the beds are so comfy! Free breakfast is always a plus! The location is so convenient, close to restaurants and grocery stores in central Windsor and just a quick jaunt north up to Healdsburg or south to Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

So glad that you had a good trip! The Hampton is such a great affordable alternative to high-priced Healdsburg hotels and just as close to the wineries as they are! We hope we can have you as our guest again very soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

There is too much competition out there and too many nice alternatives than to stay at a hotel who has zero appreciation for their loyal customers. I had to cancel a reservation the morning of my stay due to illness and was forced to pay for 2 rooms. While I understand that is part of their cancellation policy a message to the hotel manager went unreturned. I had stayed at this hotel in the past and had a reservation to stay their again as I frequent wine country. I have also stayed at the Rohnert Park property several times. Needless to say, I will not be staying at Hilton properties going forward as the competition is too stiff. I will happily give up my preferred status and stay elsewhere as they have lost a loyal customer in me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brendon P

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry our cancellation policy did not meet your needs. Your loyalty to our brand is very important to us and we appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel. I always look for ways to better serve our guests and apologize for not returning your call in a timely fashion. I hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area and please don’t hesitate to contact me with any additional concerns you may have.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hampton Inn is always our "go to" hotel. This one was top notch. Clean rooms, very nice pool and spa, fitness center and the always wonderful hot breakfast with lots of choices and great coffee. For dinner we walked across the street to Mary's Pizza Shack for a fabulous affordable dinner. The next day while my husband and daughter enjoyed the pool, I again walked across the street to the nail salon for a relaxing pedicure and stopped at CVS on my way back for some treats. Great location and great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your thoughtful review! We sure loved having you here. With our pool now open year-round, our guests are loving being able to swim earlier in the year. Add to that all the other amenities within walking distance and you've got a great "home base" for your wine country adventure! We sure hope you hurry back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
#8 of 25 in Santa Rosa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!