My wife and I wanted to make a trip back to Windsor after being gone for many years. We were told of a new hotel in Windsor, the Hampton Inn and Suites, that looked very nice. So, we called the hotel and spoke to young gentlemen who afford us a great deal on a two bed suite. The price was an excellent one so we booked a two night stay.
We arrived at the hotel and the place was fantastic to say the least. Since the hotel was only two months old everything was new and clean. The same young gentleman who we spoke to on the phone was at the front desk. He remembered us right away which made us feel important. This young gentleman was the nicest person to deal with. He checked us in and gave us a ground floor suite with a great view of the pool area. He went out of his way to make sure the room was what we wanted. The room was really nice and very spacious. I thought this was going to be the best vacation ever and the accommodations were perfect.
This all change the next day. I went to the lobby the following morning to get a news paper and the front desk person, who was a young blonde lady, was standing by the counter. I greeted her with a "good morning" and all she did was look up gave me an unfriendly nod and went back to what she was doing. I was sort of expecting a return "good morning" or something friendly. I felt like I was interrupting her and she did not appreciate it. She was nothing like the person who checked us in. This spoiled the stay at the Hampton Inn for me. I am a professional person who deals with a lot of people and for me if you want someone’s business you have earn it. You don't earn it with unfriendly people. The young man who checked us in should give this other person a lesson on customer service.
The hotel does have an excellent breakfast. You have a lot to choose from and everything is fresh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country hotel is near the Santa Rosa Business Park, which features wine tasting on Friday nights and fresh-baked cookies for Friday and Saturday night check-ins. Other amenities include: free breakfast, free WiFi, free parking, complimentary electric car charging station, a multi-lingual staff, fitness room, outdoor pool and whirlpool spa, business center and a comfortable boardroom. Our hotel is a non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Windsor
- Hampton Inn And Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
- Hampton Inn Windsor
- Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country Sonoma County