“Mount N Lake Review”
Review of Mount-N-Lake Motel

Mount-N-Lake Motel
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Here I am in Lake Isabella on a work assignment. A total of 3 weeks to complete my stay. I was fortunate to find a motel available the day I came into town and that would accommodate me for the entire 3 weeks. Thank goodness I came after Whiskey Flats and before the Fishing Derby.

During my stay at the Mount N Lake Motel, a family owned business, I experienced such warm and gracious service. The family is so thoughtful they even invited me to join them for dinner on Saturday night! The Chicken Curry was the best I’ve ever tasted! I have been very comfortable with my stay here and found the motel to be clean, well stocked with necessities and wifi accessible.

When returning from work one day I came back to my room to find that they built a shelf in the bathroom to make sure I was able to comfortably placed curlers, curling iron and hair products.

I loved my stay here and have already made my arrangements for next year.

Respectfully,

Beth Bedell

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bbedell

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I called this hotel to book a room for my best friend and her family. They were planning their first trip to Kernville Whiskey Flat days and needed a place to stay at the last minute. I specifically asked the manager (some woman I could barely understand) about 3 things...did the room have heating, hot water, clean bed? To me these were the most important essentials. She assured me that the room was adequate and answered yes to all 3. When my friend checked in they had to turn the pilot light on the heater and there was NO HOT WATER. All 6 members of my bf family did not get to shower...they were told by mngmt that this is normal because of all the people in the hotel and that they needed to let the water keep running and that it would could hot. After running the water for 20 min it never got hot. They asked for half their money back and the owner refused. I called them myself and demanded a full refund and the lady just argued and still said no. I then called kernville chamber of commerce and complained. Do not ever stay in this place! unless showering is not important to you. If you ever have stayed here and you've had the same experience contact the kernville chamber of commerce or the dpt of health / safety like i did. If these people are to own a business they need to follow rules/regulations like the rest of business. Oh, one more thing....these people even increased the price to $100 instead of the normal $75 since my friend was only staying one night and they wanted a 2 night minimum! what a rip off!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank proudseminole
Reviewed 5 November 2011

New manager's and their family are doing a wonderful job in fixing up this motel which has needed to be fixed up for as long as I've gone to the lake.

Rooms are clean now!
Can see a huge improvement from previous stays
Nice staff
Would definitely go back and recommend to friends and family.
Good job guys!!!:)

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Partyanimall
Reviewed 1 November 2011

must note that we stayed here durring " new management" and it was THE WORST MOTEL EVER! we only stayed here because all the other hotels were booked and there was nothing available. The room was a scene from a horror movie.....dirty old curtains that were "cut out" to fit the heater, NO TV, sheets smelled and looked old and dirty, dead spider on bathroom towels. We slept with layered clothes on and ontop of our own towels we brought in fear of any more bugs. When asked for a refund the employees/owners gave me the run-around and seemed to have forgotten how to speak English. They kept telling me that it was under new management and everything was clean. Apparently these folks have never stayed at a hotel themselves to compare. BY FAR THE WORST PLACE EVER, YOURE BETTER OFF SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LISA A
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This motel has a new owner.
It has only been a while since he bought this Motel, but improvement has been amazing.
Room is cleaner and service is a lot better now.

I would recommend this Motel to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2011

There are a few basic amenities I expect when paying for lodging. At this motel I found it lacked the following:

1. A key to the room
2. Toilet paper and soap
3. Clean towels

In fairness, after we insisted that we needed a key when told by the manager "we don't lock doors here", we were finally given one for a $5 returnable fee. When my fiance asked for toilet paper (after I was stuck in the restroom), we were given it. The towels may or may not have been clean, but they had big black stains across them. However, having to deal with such issues does not instill faith in the overall operations of the motel.

Other issues:
-- broken towel and toilet paper racks
-- a bottle of bleach cleanser left in the bathroom (the only soap we had)
-- holes in the bedspread
-- dingy, stained curtains

We chose to stay the night as there was nothing available for miles and miles around, but we left the next day.

Although I was concerned with the cleanliness of the bed clothing and chose to sleep on my own towel I brought with me that I laid across the bed, I will say that the mattress was surprisingly comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank knoxing27
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Made this reservation because Kernville hotels were booked for the weekend and my wife wanted to sleep on a bed before our rafting trip down the Kern.
Hotel staff was nice: the rooms would barely meet the college bachelor standard.

Wife sat on the bed and fell backwards into it. All the beds were so lifeless that my 10 year old could sit on any bed and be flat footed.

Reading before bed proved difficult, as there were no lamps save the bare bulb in the
middle of the room. No nightstand or table either.

The single AC unit brought our room to room temperature just before we left. Unfortunately, it was room temperature outside at that time. I knew the AC unit was blowing cold air, so
maybe the units are uninsulated.

No one ventured to take a shower, or use the single bath set for the four of us.

If you are traveling in the area, I wouldn't recommend staying here; you may, however, want to take a peek just to see what some people have the guts to call a motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights
Corral Creek Lodge
Corral Creek Lodge
#1 of 3 in Kernville

Been to Mount-N-Lake Motel? Share your experiences!