“Scariest experience!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Everywhere
“Scariest experience!”
Reviewed 20 February 2007

The front desk lady seemed nice on the phone and I confirmed my reservation the day before I checked in, only to be hassled by a different staff person the day I arrived.

I honestly was frightened staying on the property, as the clientele wasn't exactly to my taste. And the fact that a rule sheet on the wall saying that guests must wear "proper attire" at all times made me feel the guests really were less than savory people. I didn't feel safe leaving anything in my car. I slept with the lights and television on.

The door had at least 3 locks, but it didn't shut properly. The key didn't work properly, either, it took 5 minutes to get into my room. There were stains on the carpets, hairs in the shower, and the "sanitized" paper they wrap around the toilet to tell the new guest it's a clean toilet lies--it looked as if someone had cut their hair into the toilet and spit in it before I even got there.

I literally got up at 5am just so I could leave as early as possible... find another hotel.

• Liked — Access to dining and the locations I needed to go.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed February 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eureka, CA
Reviewed 14 January 2007

After a loooong day of flights, we stopped here late at night to find a room. The Motel 6 was full, this place was right next to it.

The lady at the desk was less than friendly, but hey it was late. We were SHOCKED at the cost difference between this one and M6. But, too tired to walk on to the next place.

My man was grumpy due to nic withdrawals, so I agreed to a smoking room. Never again. That was my own fault. It stunk bad.

BUT the initial room she gave us wasn't even clean! The bed was unmade and someone's key cards were still on the night stand. I had to go back and get another room... this time (along with being stinky) the place was just not very clean. The fitted sheet was just another top sheet that kept coming loose. The blankets were stained and I almost couldn't sleep between them!

Woodland has a ton of hotels. My advice is to keep on walking to find a better one than this. It shouldn't be very hard.

• Liked — Close to airport.
  • Disliked — Dirty room, rude desk person.
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank bohemianmermaid

Travellers are raving about these Woodland hotels

California
Reviewed 7 July 2004

Less than stellar housekeeping. Remote control didn't work. Cooking smells from the on-site management apartment floated in the hallway.

4 Thank WittyL8dy
Afton, Wyoming
Reviewed 14 September 2003

I made a reservation for this hotel on ChoiceHotels website and guaranteed the room with a credit card because we would be arriving at 11:00 p.m. The confirmation guarantees the room will be held until 7:00 am the following morning. When we arrived, we were told they had NO record of our reservation and the only room available was a double bed room. There were no other vacancies that night and we had no choice but to take the room. Then the manager asked what price we booked the king bed room for and he had the audacity to offer the double bed room for that higher price. When I complained to Customer Relations Dept, all we received was a form letter thanking us for bringing it to their attention.

14 Thank wyoming-tourist