“Extended Work assignment”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Pleasanton Ca.,, United States
“Extended Work assignment”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was asked to help with a project that was to last 5 days and was very demanding. We were required to work long hard hours and would be sleeping unusual hours as well. I am 65 years old and this took a lot out of me. I have stayed at this hotel before but only for one night at a time, they were very flexible starting their breakfast before 5:30 and they have the best laundry facilities I have seen. I chose the right hotel, thank you for helping me get through a difficult week.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Thomas G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Madera
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Best Western Shadow Inn of Woodland, California, is a great place to stay when you're in the area. It is convenient to the freeway without traffic noise. It's close to the heart of town yet always seems to be quiet and has a restful atmosphere. I've stayed here several times since the late 1990s.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I checked the ratings on tripadvisor before I came here. The average was 3 1/2 stars & I have never stayed at a Best Western I didn't like....until I got here. The lady at the front desk said there was an elevator so I took a room on the second floor. I could not find the elevator so I drug all my crap up the stairs. I walked in the room and it stunk. Don't know how else to say it. Went to set my bags down & there is a big grease (like engine grease, I smelled it) spot on the chair & a WHOLE bunch of grease spots on the floor. Nice. I won't be sitting in THAT chair & will avoid walking barefoot in the room. The bed-hard as a rock & you can feel the springs. Worse, they are so cheap they use a sheet for a bedspread. One blanket with a sheet on top Seriously? Cheap cheap cheap. I asked for a bed spread & the lady brought me another blanket. Super. They put some kind of cheesy curtain-type thing at the bottom of the bed. It's around 24 inches wide & goes across the bottom of the bed. You can't use it as a blanket......so who knows. I took a bath before I called the front desk about some things. The bath went off without a hitch so there's that.... I called to ask for more cream & sugar for my coffee in the morning. I do this anywhere I stay as I like having coffee in my room & I always need more cream & sugar. I expected to hear, "yes, we will have someone bring it right up." She put me on hold, came back & said, " we have that down here (lobby) in the morning." I wanted to reach through the phone & throttle her. Did she REALLY just say that to me? I explained that I like having my coffee in the room in the morning. By the way, there is a coffee maker & coffee in my room. Her response, "we don't normally provide room service but I can have someone bring it up to you." I was astounded & befuddled. "Seriously?" I asked her. " You consider that room service?" I was pissed. What about CUSTOMER SERVICE? I'm am a property manager & this is pathetic. The staff here are nice but are obviously trained by an IDIOT. They DID offer to put me in a room without grease stains on the chair & floor but by then I had already unpacked all my crap & after driving for 12 hours, I'm too exhausted to screw around with packing my stuff again & changing rooms. If I wasn't completely spent, I would head down the road & find a different place to stay. After reading the reviews about breakfast, I'm not sure I even want to check it out. I just can't take any more disappointment from this dump. Speaking of breakfast, there was jam on my nightstand. Say a prayer for me as I attempt to get some sleep on this plywood-like mattress while breathing air that smells like [--]. For the record, I would never recommend this place to anyone. That's not true- I would TOTALLY recommend this place to my former husband & his oh-so-lovely current wife. Cheers!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tiffanyappert
Woodland, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Internet service was only available if I stood outside on the stairwell in the cold wind halfway between my room and the office. Staff only provided two thin small towels for two guests to use for bathing and pool use. We were joined in our stay by a friendly fly and several gnats that we did not invite along. Maybe they liked the lumpy pillows, but I didn't.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at the Shadow in on a recent work trip in which I flew into Sacramento. The ladies at the front desk were very kind and helpful & the checkin process was quick... both big positives considering I pulled in past midnight. The room was pretty clean, bed was decently comfortable, but all-in-all I couldn't give the actual room much more than an average rating. Did not get to enjoy the grounds or pool, but it did look nice from a distance. I would certainly stay here again next time flying into Sacramento.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is in a good location and convenient to the Sacramento airport off of I-5 hwy. Nice rooms. Would stay here again. Continental Breakfast provided. Was not able to use the front desk computer to check into flight but helped the desk clerk find the computer problem and was able to check in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy Valley, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The front desk staff was unfriendly. Messed up on my bill when checking out. The room was dirty. Found pubic hair on the floor in the bathroom and on the toilet. Outside smelled like they were having a sewage problem. The pool and hot tub are tiny. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family