All reviewsgas stationhard boiled eggsindustrial areadonutsroom was cleanwet barinside roompool areanice poolsacramento airportpool and hot tubnext morningparking lotyogurtcoffee makerair conditionernice staff
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was huge, immaculate, amazingly quiet and nicely furnished. It had a king bed, sofa, two chairs, desk, wet bar with microwave and refrig. The bathroom was also immaculate with huge counter space. All for less than $100. Will surely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nangal2
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I arrived on a Thursday evening with reservations for the weekend I made online. I was in a bridal party as a groomsman in which our room were all located close to each other for preparation on wedding day. When I arrived to the Shadow Inn, The lady at the front desk was very rude to me and told me that she did not have me in the system and I had not booked a room with them. After asking her a few times to double check, I finally showed her my ID, credit card used to book, and confirmation email. She then re-looked up my information. I turned out she had given my room away and had let another person sign for my room she told me. I asked her if I could get my room because of the wedding party and plans we had made. She stated that she could not, but would get me into another room, which was on the other side and on the second level of the hotel. At this point I had been on the road for a long time and was very tired. She was not being very friendly or accommodating with me, so I just asked if I could get into any room. The location she put me in made the wedding preparation a pain, but I managed. Another reason I would not recommend this particular hotel was that room cleaning never came to our room even though after not coming to our room the next morning, I asked the front desk if they would the next day. There was no "please do not disturb on the door", and despite requesting this when they were cleaning other rooms, they never made an attempt to provide clean towels or any other service to our room. I had to go up front to get towels each time. I have stayed in Best Westerns many times in the past and have had good experiences and typically choose this hotel on my vacations because of great service and price, but this particular time left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. These are the reasons I would not recommend this particular hotel to someone else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This motel conveniently located just off I-5. Rooms quiet and comfortable but not exceptional. We were advertised to have a queen size bed -- but it was more a full size which is smaller and therefore less comfortable. We were disappointed at that. Otherwise our stay was fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here one night on our way to Washington. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. Service was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I were traveling through this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This motel makes a great stop on I 5 just north on Sacramento. It is on two levels and built around a central courtyard which has a large outdoor pool area with good water temperature maintained year round I believe, There are also two outdoor spas one large and all in a landscaped area with hedges and bushes. Quick and efficient reception, no problem with early check in. The king rooms are a good size flat tv, table and chairs and sofa. The only downside is that the beds and pillow are not too good. Although quite near the interstate there was no noise. There is a restaurant on site. I would still stay again.

Room Tip: The king rooms open onto the pool area although you cannot pull the car up to the door which you can in the queen rooms. I would still go for a first level king as the car can be parked quite close to the room, and you can walk straight from the room into the pool area
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo