“Our family LOVES the Owls Retreat!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Owls Retreat

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Janet U
“Our family LOVES the Owls Retreat!”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This cabin was perfect for our weekend getaway. It was easy to get to and only a few minutes away from Mountain High where the girls ended up snowboarding. This cabin has it all and then some! Cutely decorated - with lots of amenities - including wifi - which I couldn't figure out so I contacted the owner who was so kind and helpful. I checked out the backyard and it is very large with a very high fence so we will definitely be bringing our dog on our next visit. Heater worked great and quickly and we loved the gas fireplace where we could burn actual wood. There were games located in a hutch and we had a blast playing bingo and hangman. Beds were comfy, water pressure was great, kitchen had everything and we enjoyed having a washer and dryer! All in all our family fell in love with the Owls Retreat and we can't wait to go again!

Your age range 50-64
18 Feb 2017
Janet, thanks for your review. Looking forward to your next stay. I will go to the Chambers of commerce to see if there is any thing going on in town that week. Susan
Jay B
Los Angeles, California
“Charming”
Reviewed 24 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

What a lovely, welcoming retreat. Great location, furnishings, appointments and extras. Easy to access. We arrived during a rare winter storm (chains, etc - streets blanketed in snow) and the drive and porch were completely cleared of snow and ice.

25 Jan 2017
Glad you enjoyed my cabin. Saturday's weather looked sunny. Hope Sunday was also good for skiing. I have a wonderful neighbor that keeps the driveway clear. Thank you, Susan
Carolyn M
“Cozy Cabin in the Woods”
Reviewed 16 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Perfect location in the charming town of Wrightwood and just a few minutes drive to the base of Mountain High. Owls Retreat provides all the amenities you'll need for a perfect ski/snowboard trip or just a relaxing retreat. The beautiful stone fireplace welcomes you to cozy up next to it, while enjoying a hot cup of cocoa courtesy of the owner Susan. This is a great cabin for a couple's get-a-way or a small family (max. 4) looking to enjoy the great outdoors! We hope to be back soon!

17 Jan 2017
I am glad you love my cozy cabin as much as we do. Hope to have you soon again. Bryan and Susan
Roam67789...
“Awesome Holiday Snow Trip”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Had a great four night stay here last week! I had my wife and my two boys, ages 7 and 9 with me. We showed up on the 26th of December to see that the cabin had been specially decorated for the Holidays. It was a really nice surprise I wasn't expecting for a cabin rental. There were helpful notes around the house for how things operated, wood supplied for the fire place, coffee supplied by the coffee pot and even fresh eggs in the refrigerator! Nice 10-15 minute walk to downtown, less than a mile. Also just a short drive to Mountain High. I had a 4 day lift ticket and took my boys up to learn how to snowboard. Thanks again!

3 Jan 2017
Thank you, I am very happy you enjoyed the cabin. I was also happy we had a white Christmas for your family. Hope to have you again soon. Your deposit will be returned by flip key. Susan
Reviewed 28 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Michele G
Newport Beach, California
“Small but cozy”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The cabin is right next to town, so you can got to the store quite easily. There were two rooms and a living room that was decently spacious.. It's a perfect space for 2 couples. There was also a blow up bed available but we didn't use it.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing