“Awesome time..”
Review of Sushi Noguchi

Sushi Noguchi
Ranked #6 of 105 Restaurants in Yorba Linda
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Was here with friends for my birthday. The omakase style was really good. Really fresh. The shrimp head was still moving on the plate. Sashimi was really big pieces. Gave me a birthday dessert too..

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Why do I need to try again to confirm, because we went there on Valentine's Saturday and they didn't have regular menu. We didn't order the Vday special menu but some other items on the special menu. The softshell crab was good, but the tempura was so so. It sure wasn't cheap, two people and my son was nearly $80 OTD. I have heard good things about this place that's why we came. I was struggling to give 3 or 4 stars. I think it's above average, but not "very good" in my opinion. Will come back to try other items, then it will be more of a true test...:=)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Service was fine but their foods were nothing special. It was just another local Sushi restaurant near home.

1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 18 October 2013

You can spend a fortune at many sushi places. No need to if you come here.

The $40 omakase at lunch is plenty of food. That is what I order. There is a $20 sushi lunch that includes 8 pieces of sushi and delicious miso soup. My wife always gets that and is very happy with it.

I've eaten here probably 5-6 times, and I've always come away very pleased with the quality of the sushi and the presentation. They tell you if something should not be dipped in soy sauce because the chef wants you to taste the fish with whatever sauce or garnishes he has included. As someone not especially sushi savvy, I appreciate the guidance.

This is a small, family business in a strip mall. But once inside, it's quite inviting. Chef Hiro, who just won an OC award, and his wife, Jun, always go out of their way to make your experience memorable.

1  Thank Jldietz
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Every Californian should have their own go to sushi bar, not ones that are all you can eat or places that serve renditions of rolls. That's not authentic japanese. My old go to place was Oshima in Orange, however because of an incident which you can read, I nor my family or clients will ever go back there.

Sushi Noguchi fills that hole perfectly. My in law has been here numerous times since the Oshima incident. I finally joined my in laws for some ngiri. We did ala carte this time, we ordered sea bream, salmon, albacore, yellow tail, uni, and japanese scallop. There was another ngiri that my in law that I could not remember. We also ordered spicy tuna hand roll, baked crab hand roll, rainbow roll, and salmon skin salad.

Everything was spectacular but that night's winner was the seabream, japanese scallop, uni, and salmon. The salmon was the creamiest salmon I've ever had. It was melt in your mouth rich, silky, and fatty (in a great way) like eating toro. Just marvelous.

My wife and I will be back on our own to try their omakase. It's very reasonable at $45, but I'll know I'll spend more than that by requesting all the best that they can throw at me, alive, moving, or not.