“Extended Stay America - Be Prepared”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yorba Linda
Atlanta, GA, USA
“Extended Stay America - Be Prepared”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a week's business in Corona, CA, and my brother put me up at the ESA - Yorba Linda as it is located on the same exit as his home in YL. I'm a road warrior for many years, so I've stayed in a lot of hotels, both high end and not so much. The ESA YL was OK, but disappointing. Let em explain...

First, you pay for the number of nights you are staying up front. That's ok, but be prepared.

I had originally set it up for a 5 night stay, but upon my registration, I told them it would be three nights only, and I paid in full for the three nights. I just checked my Amex bill, and I have been charged another approx $100 for something I can't figure out because I can't get them on the phone. As I'm typing this, I've been on hold for 26:40 minutes/seconds asking me to patiently wait for there pick up of my call "shortly". I will let you know what my total wait time is when I complete writing this.

OK, it's a very modest registration area, so be prepared. I go to my room (325) and it's a double bed, small kitchenette and bathroom. It appears clean, but it is definitely aged. The TV is small, and the channel clarity reception is below average -- a general fuzziness of poor reception quality. Be prepared.

When I turn down the bed covers, there is a nice little stain right in the middle of the fitted sheet. Now, I will tell you that it ended up not being anything that concerned me for cleanliness purposes -- it was a cleaning or ink stain or some other stain that just made it an unsightly first impression of the bedding. The beds and pillows are ok, but not particularly comfortable, so an extended stay would be troublesome to me. Be prepared.

The bathroom is modest as well, and also aged like everything else. The towels were thin and scratchy, which just doesn't contribute to a good stay. Again, if on an extended stay. Be prepared.

When I came back to my room the next day after a day of work, my room was in the condition I left it -- bed unmade, towels askew. When I went to dinner, I stopped by the front desk and asked them about it. I was told housekeeping comes by weekly, but that I could exchange towels whenever I wanted. Again, I get it -- save costs and reduce prices to consumers, but i wasn't aware of it. So, be prepared.

I asked about a workout room, and was told they had none at this location. Be prepared.

Btw, I'm on 43 minutes and holding still! Why are the Guest Relations people so busy?? Makes you wonder.

I actually ended up checking out of my room before the evening of my second night there, so I spent only one night. My brother's couch in a nice home became a much more acceptable arrangement for me, so I took it. I'm disappointed my stay at ESA YL turned out as it did. I write this so future guests can be prepared for what they will encounter. That place needs some investment dollars for updating and general guest services.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank briwood4
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. I apologize for the wait time regarding your bill, the cleanliness of your room, and housekeeping services not being explained to you at check in. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be meeting with my staff to review our check in procedures and cleanliness standards. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lyl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Calistoga, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Room must not have been occupied for a while as dust was everywhere. One or two hairs, ok I get that, but hair on the sheets of both beds, pillow cases, blanket, bathroom floor, tub, kitchen floor? Sick. Staff was nice and helpful when you could find them. If you don't need a kitchen, find somewhere else. Oh, and the toaster and coffee maker did not work. My fault, I should have paid more elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Stephen - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, lyl2@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Yorba Linda hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice hotel clean and quiet pretty much have everything you need;only have one complaint about the shower when you raise the shower lever most of the water still comes out of the bottom,but other than that i would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness of our location; however, we apologize that your shower was not working properly. In response to your feedback, I am currently working with our maintenance staff to get this issue resolved. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at lyl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Phoenix
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Staff is hit and miss. Some are Great. But some Tell you to get clean towels you need to bring the dirty ones down for exchange, FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER been told that. Hair in shower, i was first one in and it wasnt mine. ONLY issue here is mostly the staff that seems not happy to help. WEED that out and i'd give a 5 for value and seeming clean. Tad out dated Rooms, but not bad for the Price. Some staff very nice also. But the bad is bad.

Room Tip: Bring breakfast. Very Little here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank varoom39m
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What I like. Nice size room, full kitchen with counters, good price, nice recliner. What is lacking: NO PLACE to put even one piece of luggage, extremely slow wifi, you'll probably want to sign up for the $14.99 weekly upgrade, which unfortunately is PER DEVICE! And, the 'upgraded' wifi isn't much better! This chain does not provide amenities you're used to at other chains, including comparably priced extended stay chains like Candlewood Suites, NO: Bath toiletries (one bar of soap provided, that's it), no kleenix, decent speed wifi, folding luggage cart, pad/pen.

I asked for someone to look at my TV as several stations come in poorly, really unwatchable. When I got back that evening the problem persisted. I called front desk and they said it was going to be repaired the next morning. When that happened, they said problem was with reception, not the TV. OK, isn't it time to change your provider then. I won't be here again, just booked the Candlewood Suites in Garden Grove for my upcoming stay. Too bad, this place is closer for me.

No fitness room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate your kind remarks regarding your fully equipped kitchen and our spacious, affordable rooms. Still, I apologize that the amenities we offer did not meet your expectations. Please know that toiletries and many amenities are available at the front desk upon request. As well, I am sorry for the issues you encountered with our TV. Please contact me, at lyl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel locations in the future.
Torrance
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel was a positive one. It was located in a secluded area, making it very quiet. Also love the fact that it's located near a Chik-fil-a. The quality of the staff was great. Upon arrival, I was given the wrong room at first but the manager immediately rectified this by switching me to the correct one. The room was clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that the refrigerator makes a lot of noise. Other than that I will definitely continue to stay here. Thanks staff!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms and convenient location at a great value. Still, I’m disappointed to hear that you encountered maintenance issues during your stay. I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect future guests. Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorba Linda
Anaheim Hills Inn & Suites
Anaheim Hills Inn & Suites
#99 of 118 in Anaheim
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!