“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Love the food. The Jumbalya is very good. So is the meatloaf. Salads and escargot very good also. We love to go back again and agian. Great for special occasions. Inside very small reservations a must because of size of restaurant. Not for young children...Definately an adult restaurant.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I have eating at The Wild Artichoke several times. We live within walking distance tot he small area of stores it is near. the owner and chef personally came out to greet us each time we were there and ask us what we like and for suggestions. the food is outstanding and it is a place you can spend a few hours sampling food. we have never been disappointed with the food or Restaurant.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Food is always great! Service is a bit snobby. It's not a dressy place but if your in jeans the waiter makes assumptions and can be a bit rude. #Small #cozy #hidden#yummmm

Reviewed 4 March 2014

As a Yorba Linda resident, I eat here several times a year. The food is excellent; and although I don't care much for artichokes, the artichoke beignets are one of the best appetizers I've ever had. I often order whatever special they are serving that night, and am routinely pleased that I tried something different...everything here is great.

I am also very pleased with their wine. Although the selection is very limited, they tend to only offer bottles of good quality and excellent value (two things that rarely go together, especially after a restaurant markup). I'm a bit of a wine snob, and was concerned when the highest priced red was $40, but clearly the owner (or whomever is doing the purchasing) knows their stuff and has an interest in smaller wineries that produce good wines at good prices. I applaud that, and wish more restaurants did the same.

Why no 5th star? The restaurant is way too small, and lacks atmosphere. Perhaps the quality to value ratio is made possible by the small space (rent), but I really wish this place was larger and had more intimate tables and booths.

At the end of the day, this is an excellent restaurant that probably receives less attention and recognition than it deserves. Try it and you will be very pleased.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was rather disappointed with this restaurant after reading all of the outstanding reviews of this place. First of all it is a very small location in a strip mall. Prices are high, but considering the area not out of line. It is rather casual, but populated mostly by rather pretentious Yorba Linda yuppies. Décor is rather basic.

Now to the food. It is OK. Frankly having artichoke in every course was a bit much for me. Presentation was OK. The ingredients seemed fresh and competently prepared, but nothing that particularly caught my attention. Wine was expensive. It just wasn't what I expected. I also found peeling a roasted artichoke rather messy and difficult to pull off. It was served whole with the outside charred. NOT particularly appetizing to tell the truth. I guess I am just not that into messy finger food.

It is hard for me to "get" the focus of this restaurant. They want to be haute but serve meatloaf, and pasta, with charred artichoke on the side. I guess it might best be described as "hipster". They want to serve comfort food but be cool doing it. I am tempted to rate it AVERAGE, but the quality of the food was good, even if I did not particularly enjoy it.

The server was very friendly and accommodating. I cant say anything was bad, but I can imagine spending another $100 there.

1  Thank Anrando