“Why is it named Napa Valley Museum!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Napa Valley Museum

Napa Valley Museum
Ranked #22 of 44 things to do in Yountville
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-4pm.
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Why is it named Napa Valley Museum!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

So, my partner and I were driving to Yountville for the Chandon winery. We see signs saying "Napa Valley Museum" and thought why don't we do that quickly first. We got there. One car was in the car park, we thought nothing of it as it was early in the morning. Once we got in we paid $10 in total. We walked in, and to my horror, it was a lego exhibition! Why is it named Napa Valley Museum?! when in fact it has nothing to do with it! Would have rather got the satisfaction of throwing my money on the floor and hoping someone else finds it, than the waste of time this museum was!

Visited December 2013
4 Thank Micaela V

Calistoga, California
“A Date with the Devil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

The current show at Napa Valley Museum is 'A Date with the Devil' and it is as interesting as it sounds. Nineteen local artists have created a two-dimensional piece on the music composition, 'The Soldier's Tale' by Igor Stravinsky. A tale about making choices in life (and selling or not selling your soul to the devil) the interpretations of the tale by the different artists are as varied as the colors or the media they choose. Go see it while it lasts!

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Excellent Regional Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Napa Valley Museum is a small, charming regional museum. I was particularly impressed with its emphasis on local artists and their work. The rotating collection is impressive. It is not surprising that it is high quality and well done. It is in Napa Valley, after all. The staff members are warm and charming. I learned some interesting facts about the settlement of the area. I believe one reviewer was disappointed that there wasn't more emphasis on wine making. Don't we get enough of that at the wineries? I do enjoy that, too. But. This is a regional museum and it has a broader mission. For $5, it really is worth you stopping by the Napa Valley Museum. The grounds are nice with picnic tables. It would be a nice idea to bring a picnic.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank MCOTravelor
Kristie80, Manager at Napa Valley Museum, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you very much for visiting Napa Valley Museum. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you will come again on your next trip to Wine Country.
San Francisco Bay Area
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

No one in our party liked the first floor artwork. The tribute to Mare Island downstairs was nice but a bit eery, almost like when you actually drive out there. The whole experience plus the elevator ride and restroom stop took 20 minutes.
Most of us were expecting to see something about wineries, wine, and the terrior.
No harm done. As a bay area native it took 30 years to finally stop here, and it will be another 30 IF I come back.

Visited November 2012
Newfoundland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A little history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I enjoyed learning the history of the area. We viewed the free area after riding up to the museum on our bikes

Visited September 2012